Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car parking

3 posters

Go down

Car parking  Empty Car parking

Post by Bhambrownhatter Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:37 am

Good morning all,
Am planning on making the pilgrimage from Birmingham to the Oval on Sunday and inevitably the national rail network has letcbe down. An now planning on driving - does anyone have any advice on where would be best to park?
Many thanks

Bhambrownhatter

Back to top Go down

Car parking  Empty Re: Car parking

Post by Chinaman Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 am

Bhambrownhatter wrote:Good morning all,
Am planning on making the pilgrimage from Birmingham to the Oval on Sunday and inevitably the national rail network has letcbe down. An now planning on driving - does anyone have any advice on where would be best to park?
Many thanks

Yes. I always drive on weekends being only 10 miles away and you can park in Kennington Oval Road on the Gas Works side of the ground. Check it out on the map. It's free at weekends but will cost £4 an hour any other time including Bank Holidays! If for some reason the road is shut there is also plenty of free parking at the back of Kennington Park, about 10 minutes walk away.

Chinaman

Bhambrownhatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 am

Chinaman wrote:
Many thanks

Yes. I always drive on weekends being only 10 miles away and you can park in Kennington Oval Road on the Gas Works side of the ground. Check it out on the map. It's free at weekends but will cost £4 an hour any other time including Bank Holidays! If for some reason the road is shut there is also plenty of free parking at the back of Kennington Park, about 10 minutes walk away.

I think the tube is running, in which case you could avoid the worst bit of the drive by parking near one of the Northern Line tube stations. Perhaps one of the quieter ones like West Finchley, Woodside Park or Colindale, where I doubt that parking would be a problem on Sundays. The trains via Bank run direct to Oval, but if you got one of the Charing Cross branch ones and had to change at Kennington it would be fine. I wouldn't dream of driving from North London to The Oval or Lord's but then I'm used to the system! I appreciate it's different if you're already in the car. Still, it's an option.

adelaide

Pink Panther and Bhambrownhatter like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Many thanks

Many thanks for this

Bhambrownhatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:16 pm

adelaide wrote:
Chinaman wrote:
Many thanks

I think the tube is running, in which case you could avoid the worst bit of the drive by parking near one of the Northern Line tube stations. Perhaps one of the quieter ones like West Finchley, Woodside Park or Colindale, where I doubt that parking would be a problem on Sundays. The trains via Bank run direct to Oval, but if you got one of the Charing Cross branch ones and had to change at Kennington it would be fine. I wouldn't dream of driving from North London to The Oval or Lord's but then I'm used to the system! I appreciate it's different if you're already in the car. Still, it's an option.

Thank you so much for this advice -really helpful as I haven’t ever driven to the Oval!

Bhambrownhatter

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:34 am

Bhambrownhatter wrote:
adelaide wrote:
Chinaman wrote:
Many thanks

Thank you so much for this advice -really helpful as I haven’t ever driven to the Oval!

If you do use the Northern Line that way, make sure you get the right branch (whether it be Edgware or Barnet) on the way home. Getting the right train matters much more that way. Change at Kennington if the right branch isn't indicated or shown. Or just walk to Kennington.

adelaide

Bhambrownhatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:45 pm

adelaide wrote:
Bhambrownhatter wrote:
adelaide wrote:
Chinaman wrote:
Many thanks

If you do use the Northern Line that way, make sure you get the right branch (whether it be Edgware or Barnet) on the way home. Getting the right train matters much more that way. Change at Kennington if the right branch isn't indicated or shown. Or just walk to Kennington.

Many thanks for this advice - very kind of you and greatly appreciated

Bhambrownhatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum