Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commentary Radio's

5 posters

Go down

Commentary Radio's Empty Commentary Radio's

Post by blueboy26 Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:19 pm

Has anybody else been having trouble with the commentary radios being sold in the club shop?

I bought one, and had it replaced 3 times vs Kent, but heard nothing but white noise.

The staff in the shop showed me a big pile of faulty radios. Is there an FM frequency that I can tune into if I bring my own? I tried using the BBC app but it's always a couple of balls behind....

blueboy26

Back to top Go down

Commentary Radio's Empty Re: Commentary Radio's

Post by RB Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:14 am

I just assumed that with mine being 5 years old it was fading but that confirms it then.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:23 am

I take my own radio but I can't remember the exact frequency I use - something in the early 60s - 62.3 maybe ? But I've noticed that the reception definitely hasn't been as good this year. I usually sit in either the Peter May or the JM Finn stand.

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lama Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:22 pm

I'm not convinced the problem is the radios. I think it might be the broadcasting itself. My radio has given sterling service for years (it's actually the Lord's one that looks like a proper old 'tranny' and it's barely picked up anything this summer.
I suspect the problem isn't unrelated to the live stream because it was definitely at its worst during the Blast. My partner has the same radio and the same problem.
Time for an email to the CEO.

Lama

Back to top Go down

Post by OvalJon Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:43 am

Hi All..

Yes, as you say above we've been having a few issues with the reception for commentary radios this season! Many apologies for that.

We've tried a number of solutions and I'm now more convinced than I have been all season we've got it back to where it used to be. Certainly got a couple of kind emails from fans earlier this week who had previously been in touch to express their irritation at the problems!

Hope all well and enjoying this excellent summer of cricket.

Best,
OJ

OvalJon

RB and Jedrich like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:45 pm

I'll have to remember to bring mine tomorrow if the game is still going on...

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum