Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Question

+2
kjb
yarmy
6 posters

Go down

Random Question Empty Random Question

Post by yarmy Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Hi,

This maybe a bit of a random question - I'm hoping to go to a couple of days of the game v Warks next week. This will be my first visit since 2019 - I think there used to be water fountains dotted around the ground for refilling bottles and wondered if they were still there ?

Thanks
Steve

yarmy

Back to top Go down

Random Question Empty Re: Random Question

Post by kjb Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:41 pm

Yarmy

There are plenty of fountains and if you ask nicely you can get ice from any of the bars round the ground.

kjb

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by yarmy Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Cheers, thank you, I'm looking forward to getting back to Oval, feels like I've been away for far too long.

yarmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:48 pm

The Oval is a great venue for Championship cricket. You can probably get most things you need and there are always likely to be members willing to take you into the Pavilion if you're not already a member or away member.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Lama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by yarmy Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:12 pm

Thanks, I was a member at Surrey for a number of years and always enjoyed going to the Oval but let it lapse in 2020 and only now feel comfortable going back to watch sports again. Depending how things go over the rest of the summer I may look at getting a membership for next year.

yarmy

Pink Panther and Lama like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by paultpm Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:10 am

Best to stick to water - you'll get a shock at the beer prices...!!!
paultpm
paultpm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:25 am

I agree on most things at the Oval but I now never use the catering or bar facilities. Not because I can't afford the high prices at Sports venues, but it's not good value and well the food is ok at best. Much better value for lunch at the Oval Cafe by the tube station, or prepare yourself a nice lunch and take it along, with a beer, unless you want to pay £6 a pint. Hope that's useful.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by yarmy Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Cheers, thanks for your help. I'm travelling down tomorrow morning and will probably pick up a sandwich and a sausage roll at M&S at Liverpool St. Am staying the night and going home Tuesday evening so will try and have a look at the Oval Cafe on Tuesday morning.

yarmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:13 pm

yarmy wrote:Cheers, thanks for your help. I'm travelling down tomorrow morning and will probably pick up a sandwich and a sausage roll at M&S at Liverpool St. Am staying the night and going home Tuesday evening so will try and have a look at the Oval Cafe on Tuesday morning.

Great stuff. Have a good day. If you don't want to sit in the Pavillion all day, come and visit us at the Vauxhall end. Even if the cricket isn't entertaining, we can keep you amused. Plenty of conversation.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:52 am

paultpm wrote:Best to stick to water - you'll get a shock at the beer prices...!!!

Given London’s going rate these days they’re not that bad!

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by yarmy Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:24 pm

Returned home this evening. Enjoyed having a couple of days at the Oval and was good to get back there again. The new stand has changed the forecourt since I was last there - I walked in expecting to see the fish & chip stall and the ice cream van and they had both disappeared !! Not sure if I will get there again this season, but hopefully will be able to visit more next year.

yarmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down