Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Premier League Picks

5 posters

Go down

Indian Premier League Picks Empty Indian Premier League Picks

Post by offdrive4 Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:38 pm

Three Surrey players have been nicked for next seasons IPL, Jack's, Sam Curran and Topley.   Could have been worse, Overton, Tom Curran and Jordan not picked up on t,he auction, though I think they can still be signed.   I think Surrey may have been waiting for this information before deciding on our overseas players for next season.   We shall not see Sam Curran much in 2023 I fear and Roy will be around, to what effect we shall see.

offdrive4

Back to top Go down

Indian Premier League Picks Empty Re: Indian Premier League Picks

Post by RB Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:47 pm

Just a question for me of what happens to Jason Roy now. Stewie indicated he still wants to play red ball. Also wondering about the likes of Amla and co.

Although after this auction I would be trying to get Kemar Roach back. At best he’ll be available for every game and at worst he’ll miss two (it depends on exactly when West Indies vs India 2-test series in July/August 2023 is scheduled). Not sure what’s happening with Amla.

Burns, Sibley, Amla, Pope, Foakes, Clark, T Curran, Overton, Roach, Worrall, Virdi is probably what I expect for game one as a result, although that’s a VERY long tail.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmug Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:22 pm

RB wrote:Just a question for me of what happens to Jason Roy now. Stewie indicated he still wants to play red ball. Also wondering about the likes of Amla and co.

Although after this auction I would be trying to get Kemar Roach back. At best he’ll be available for every game and at worst he’ll miss two (it depends on exactly when West Indies vs India 2-test series in July/August 2023 is scheduled). Not sure what’s happening with Amla.

Burns, Sibley, Amla, Pope, Foakes, Clark, T Curran, Overton, Roach, Worrall, Virdi is probably what I expect for game one as a result, although that’s a VERY long tail.
am I missing something? Why would we expect Virdi. Unless there’s a massive change in strategy, it’ll be Steel (and in the unlikely situation we play a compete spinner, Moriarty). Presuming Roach and Amla do come back ofc, the indication was we were waiting to see Jacks future before making a decision.

Benmug

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:49 pm

Ah, there’s a reason I didn’t pick Steel, which is I completely forgot he exists.

RB

Benmug likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:26 pm

I was expecting Curran and Topley to go, but losing Jacks is a really big blow.

Do we need Amla back? That being said we will need a top order bat when the England players head off...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Pope starting the season at no.3 would be good for England.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:48 pm

I think that's what I'd expect, and I think it'd probably be good for us as well.

However it does make me feel for Ryan Patel being moved around the order again, despite some of his rather cheap dismissals after being well set a lot of the time

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down