Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy)

+3
Badges
Chinaman
RB
7 posters

Go down

India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy) Empty India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy)

Post by RB Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 pm

Maybe it's because of the WTC permutations.
Maybe it's because it's Test cricket.
Maybe it's because it's on at silly o'clock and it reminds me of my childhood, watching F1 on ITV at silly o'clock.

But I'm REALLY looking forward to this, more so than England's ODIs against Bangladesh in March.

Starts 9 Feb, BT Sport, 4am.

RB

Back to top Go down

India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy) Empty Re: India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy)

Post by Chinaman Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:29 am

Looks like BT Sport has nicked this from Sky as they normally (BT) only show Australia's home games. Wasn't in the listings but is on the online TV Guide.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy) Empty Re: India vs Australia (Border-Gavaskar Trophy)

Post by Badges Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:58 pm

I like the early starts.It means i can tape it and cut out.................

Adverts (a necessary evil)

Drinks breaks

Lunch and tea

Visits from the physio (often after a glancing blow on the helmet)

Sightscreen breakdowns

Examining of balls Very Happy

5 minute DRS enquiries almost every time a wicket falls

2/3 minute intervals at every bowling change

2 minute conflabs mid over

Half a dozen (or more) replays to determine if it's 4 or 6

Cameras on idiots in the crowd in fancy dress or brandishing crass placards

ETC ETC ETC........................................

Badges

dougieginn and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:31 pm

With my fat fingers, if I tried that I'd be going too far forwards, then going too far back again (a bit like many England batsmen) and so on in a Groundhog Day loop and thus taking longer to watch it than if I had just let the whole thing play through.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali888 Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:15 am

I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll be seeing Warner in England this summer. I expect that Broad is worried about his Ashes wickets.

Ali888

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 am

They made a mistake in omitting Head.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:10 pm

Can’t understand how India keep getting away with preparing dust bowl pitches. A 3 day Test this time,a 2 day Test last time we toured.Why don’t the ICC introduce points penalties for such awful wickets. Not fair on touring sides at all,and certainly not good cricket.. No other Test sides produce such wickets to suit their own bowlers.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:56 pm

I thought the pitch wasn't bad but yes, it wasn't great either. I suspect a lot of the press will hide behind the fact that Australia were terrible and India got 400.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:29 pm

India defended the last two wickets because they got decent totals but surely they can’t defend this one?

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Vauxhall Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:15 pm

RB wrote:India defended the last two wickets because they got decent totals but surely they can’t defend this one?

They’ll give it a good go. Especially as Australia have three number 11’s in their team.

If I had to guess Australia win by 4 wickets.

Vauxhall

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:23 pm

How do India get away with wickets like this? What with hysterical appealing after every ball, they need their fingers severely rapped. Ok it's better to watch than 600 plays 600 but it's still a crap wicket.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:00 am

Totally agree Chinaman, I think the ICC seem controlled by the Indian Board, and I feel any other country would have had been points deducted for a never ending series of awful pitches producing 2/3 day finishes. With a side containing some many good spinners it not surprising that the win so many matches. Totally unfair on the other Teams in the World Test Championship, and definitely not good cricket!!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down