Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Harrison

5 posters

Go down

Tom Harrison Empty Tom Harrison

Post by kjb Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:41 pm

I've just read that Tom Harrison is the incoming CEO for the 6 Nations; that's rugby union for those who might not be aware.
I wonder what sort of a mess he's going to make with that organisation. Perhaps the matches will be reduced to 20 minutes each half as the spectators don't have the ability to concentrate for 40 minutes.
Of course there's enough booze drunk at rugby internationals so the bar income would drop.
There was also a suggestion that his best mate, Colin Graves, wanted to return as Yorkshire head honcho.
How do these people KEEP getting jobs? It's a bit like the merry-go-round of football managers.

kjb

dougieginn and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Tom Harrison Empty Re: Tom Harrison

Post by Chinaman Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:05 pm

I suppose we could say how on earth do sleezy MPs get elected. But no doubt he'll make another couple of million off them before running off to somewhere else. If there was a "disservice to sport" law, I'd throw him in jail.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:32 pm

kjb wrote:I've just read that Tom Harrison is the incoming CEO for the 6 Nations; that's rugby union for those who might not be aware.
I wonder what sort of a mess he's going to make with that organisation. Perhaps the matches will be reduced to 20 minutes each half as the spectators don't have the ability to concentrate for 40 minutes.
Of course there's enough booze drunk at rugby internationals so the bar income would drop.
There was also a suggestion that his best mate, Colin Graves, wanted to return as Yorkshire head honcho.
How do these people KEEP getting jobs?  It's a bit like the merry-go-round of football managers.

I'm not sure he could make the situation worse for rugby union to be honest, with two clubs having gone bust, the rest losing money, legal cases on concussion and the unpopularity so far of proposals to reduce injury risk by reducing the tackle height.

The Wasps CEO has surfaced at Yorkshire. Graves is rather different as YCCC owe him (sorry, his family trust) an awful lot of money. Letting him be Chair again might be thought to reduce the risk of the loans being called in. On the other hand, he was in charge when a lot of the stuff that has surfaced at Yorkshire was going on.

On the subject of the merry-go-round, after leaving Sussex Ian Salisbury has surfaced as consultant bowling coach (whatever that means) at Middlesex. Tim Murtagh is now described as player coach, so there's a lot of links with Surrey on the coaching side now. As long as they don't go for Adams...

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:54 pm

Adelaide.
He's only on the 6 Nations not the RFU but I agree with your point about the situation regarding club rugby.
Too much money being paid with insufficient income. Mind you I don't think any club makes a profit on the gate.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:49 am

Harrison is a scumbag. Trousered a big money bonus
from the Hundred whilst staff were made redundant.
Hate the c**t deserves a slap.

Steve

Chappers and kjb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:41 am

adelaide wrote:On the subject of the merry-go-round, after leaving Sussex Ian Salisbury has surfaced as consultant bowling coach (whatever that means) at Middlesex.
It probably means he's there on some sort of short term freelance basis, not necessarily for the entire season, thereby allowing him to work with other teams outside county cricket. Surrey have had coaches with that exact description, notably Ryan Sidebottom during the 2018 season. He was initially only on board for the first part of the season when he appeared to be a resounding success, left while Alfonso Thomas came in on the same basis specifically for the T20 tournament, then was re-engaged for the successful championship run-in.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down