Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New T20 in the USA

4 posters

Go down

New T20 in the USA Empty New T20 in the USA

Post by optimistnot Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:32 pm

I see the county Championship will have competition from the new American T20 in July from now on.
How long before our plays decide to play in this tournament.

optimistnot

Back to top Go down

New T20 in the USA Empty Re: New T20 in the USA

Post by Chinaman Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:23 am

optimistnot wrote:I see the county Championship will have competition from the new American T20 in July from now on.

Don't see it being a hit in the USA. They don't like anything that lasts more the 90 minutes.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:09 pm

Chinaman wrote:
optimistnot wrote:I see the county Championship will have competition from the new American T20 in July from now on.

Don't see it being a hit in the USA. They don't like anything that lasts more the 90 minutes.

How long does an NFL game go on for? Admittedly it is a commercial catering opportunity masquerading as a sport and the actual plays only take up a fraction of the time but they seem quite happy with the duration. I think a baseball game takes about three hours as well.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:45 am

The ECB have, surprisingly, blocked their centrally contracted players from taking part due to the impending Ashes.

Which, as Hussain has pointed out, the ECB cannot play their joker every single year as the players will up sticks and refuse to play for England again, as the West Indies did 10 years ago.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum