Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelodge!

3 posters

Go down

Travelodge! Empty Travelodge!

Post by Wobbler Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:40 pm

https://www.travelodgeproperty.co.uk/blog/2023/03/02/travelodge-is-coming-to-the-oval-cricket-ground/

To kick-start the development of the new, 95-room Travelodge hotel at The Kia Oval Cricket Ground, a groundbreaking ceremony was held where Steve Bennett, Travelodge Chief Property and Development Officer, and Steve Elworthy, CEO Surrey County Cricket Club, dug the ground to commence the new hotel development.... London Oval Cricket Ground Travelodge is the first hotel to be built at the Oval and will feature the group’s new budget-luxe hotel design and on-site restaurant, called the Bar Cafe. The hotel is located directly opposite the Hobbs Gate entrance at The Kia Oval Cricket Ground and is just 100m from the Oval tube station. This development is being developed and funded by Surrey County Cricket Club and construction is being carried out by Bennett Construction. The hotel is expected to end at the end of this year.

Wobbler

Back to top Go down

Travelodge! Empty Re: Travelodge!

Post by RB Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am

I think is referring to the Ovalhouse theatre site. I am very surprised the club have tendered it to Travelodge as my understanding was they wanted to build a block of flats for the players given the state of the London housing market.

That suggests the contract includes exclusive use of floors (or something) as was the case for the “bubble” cricket internationally in 2020. I believe the on-site hotels at Southampton and Manchester were allocated one-floor-per-team (including media) so I can imagine a similar scenario for fans and teams going forward.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by optimistnot Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:46 pm

No the oval house site was always going to be a hotel and conference venue. The White house was going to be developed into flats or what ever for young players, But I take it the deal to buy the White house has not happend.

optimistnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum