Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck Ebony Rainford-Brent

+2
adelaide
Howzat
6 posters

Go down

Good luck Ebony Rainford-Brent Empty Good luck Ebony Rainford-Brent

Post by Howzat Tue May 09, 2023 2:20 pm

Just read about your new role at the ECB. Its great that Surrey have lots of former people involved there.

Thank you for the hard work you did putting Women's cricket on the map, and a special thank you for the ACE programme - this is a great initiative which I hope can address the access issues which have clearly historically have been clearly demonstrated to exist, albeit not so much at Surrey as Yorks or Essex.

Howzat

David W likes this post

Back to top Go down

Good luck Ebony Rainford-Brent Empty Re: Good luck Ebony Rainford-Brent

Post by adelaide Tue May 09, 2023 4:23 pm

Howzat wrote:Just read about your new role at the ECB. Its great that Surrey have lots of former people involved there.

Thank you for the hard work you did putting Women's cricket on the map, and a special thank you for the ACE programme - this is a great initiative which I hope can address the access issues which have clearly historically have been clearly demonstrated to exist, albeit not so much at Surrey as Yorks or Essex.

Think you might just have poked the odd bear or three...

adelaide

dougieginn and Howzat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue May 09, 2023 5:51 pm

It would be churlish not to recognise Ebony's contribution to Surrey cricket. I wish her well.

She is talented enough to make a worthwhile contribution in her new ECB role regardless of her gender or ethnicity , which is as it should be.

I'm not going to bite on the ACE programme, unless others feel inclined to fan the flames further. I'd much rather focus on the first local derby against Middlesex for several years (not counting COVID).

Last edited by Jackers on Tue May 09, 2023 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Tue May 09, 2023 5:58 pm

Just encouraging to see Thompson do what he said he would in getting more cricket people on the board, rather than the money grabbing likes that Harrison and Graves had underneath them.

Alex!

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue May 09, 2023 8:35 pm

Give me strength.
To paraphrase the great Sir Winston Churchill, "Never has so much, been given to someone whose achievements are so few" !!!!!!!
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhe10077 Fri May 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Good luck to ERB on her new appointment at the ECB. Been very successful in most ventures she takes on.Personally won’t be a miss for me on TMS I don’t find her very knowledgeable on Cricket on a playing Level.

Jhe10077

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum