Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rikki Clarke

+4
Badges
Jackers
dougieginn
Coatesy
8 posters

Go down

Rikki Clarke Empty Rikki Clarke

Post by Coatesy Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:41 am

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Rikki Clarke Empty Re: Rikki Clarke

Post by dougieginn Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:08 am

A wonderful all rounder who should have played more for England.
One of the best slip fielders I have ever seen. I wish him all the best in his new career. A very hard act for anyone to follow!

dougieginn

Badges and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:43 am

I wasn't watching Surrey as much during his first spell with us, but I am so glad he returned. He was my player of the season in 2018, just edging it over Burns and Morkel who both had amazing seasons. He was nearly as good again the next year when he was the official choice.

Last edited by Jackers on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:53 am

dougieginn wrote:A wonderful all rounder who should have played more for England.
One of the best slip fielders I have ever seen. I wish him all the best in his new career. A very hard act for anyone to follow!

Seconded! A top player and a top bloke.All the best Rikki and thanks for everything.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by cowcorner Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Jackers wrote:I wasn't watching Surrey as much during his first spell with us, but I am so glad he returned. He was my player of the season in 2018, just edging it over Burns and Morlel who both had amazing seasons. He was nearly as good again the next year when he was the official choice.

As he was mine ! As said earlier one of the safest and best slip fielders for a long time and also has the most glorious straight drive that you are ever likely to see.

I wss lucky enough to have him and the gaffer on my table for the pre season lunch in 2019 and had a bit of a chat with them both - what a fine pair of gents.

Thanks for all your efforts Rikki - top man Very Happy
cowcorner
cowcorner

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Ditto here as my choice for both the 2018 and 2019 player of the season..

A key early moment in that season (2018) for me was his contribution with the bat in the home match against Yorkshire. Although a comfortable win in the end, we were under the cosh early on at 162/6. Rikki joined the pontiff in the middle, started to slap it about, the pontiff followed suit and so did the rest of the season.

And of course our best and most consistent bowler across the 2018-2019 period by a distance.

Missing Leg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Badges wrote:
dougieginn wrote:A wonderful all rounder who should have played more for England.

Seconded! A top player and a top bloke.All the best Rikki and thanks for everything.

Thirded! Saw his 153 at the famous Taunton match in 2002, and was at Worcester when he batted with Morkel to win the CC. Great guy, great player, don't come along like this very often. And all credit probably the right time to hang up the boots. Can't see who is going to step up to follow him, but let's enjoy his remaining games.

Chinaman

dougieginn and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chappers Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:50 am

Totally agree with the comments above. One of the great close catchers of all time, a superb timer of a cricket ball, clever bowler in his latter years and don't forget he could bowl devastating short sharp spells in his early days. Thanks for the memories Rikki.
Chappers
Chappers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum