Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S GETTING AS BAD AS LORD'S

2 posters

Go down

IT'S GETTING AS BAD AS LORD'S Empty IT'S GETTING AS BAD AS LORD'S

Post by Badges Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:19 pm

A few over zealous stewards have appeared at The Oval lately.I spend a lot of time in The Bedser "covered" area.The other day there were less people in there than i've ever seen before.Our lot (6) and 1 other bloke.We had entered by chance around the front pitchside but apparently anyone trying to get in the normal way was refused entry.

This became apparent when a bloke walked in later round the front ,exasperated and shaking his head saying "They wouldn't let me in." I bumped into a friend later who had also been refused entry and gone to sit elsewhere.

I stopped going to T20 games because i was sick of being told where i couldn't sit.At one game i showed my membership card and was asked "What's that."

When i arrived the other morning i noticed a friend i hadn't seen for 2 years sitting near the away dressing room.He was the only one in the entire stand at the time.I sat down,a steward rushed over and told me "You can't sit there."I couldn't believe it but asked him to point to a seat i could use.

At the Warwickshire game i was wandering up the steps to my seat minding my own business when a steward appeared shouting "Look out"  " Mind your back"  "Stand aside"  i thought her Majesty The Queen had arrived but when i looked it was 3 young ladies from The 100 team who were using The Montpelier Club as a makeshift dressing room.

These people are getting far too big for their boots.I should add that the very nice chap who is nearly always patrolling that area was not there against Gloucestershire.

Badges

Back to top Go down

IT'S GETTING AS BAD AS LORD'S Empty Re: IT'S GETTING AS BAD AS LORD'S

Post by kjb Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:00 pm

People are often moved from the balcony in the OCS stand despite having been seated in the same place a few days previous.
When I questioned the "Response" person who told us to move as to why he claimed there were no stewards available for this area.
I then asked him where the stewards were for spectators in other parts of the ground to which his reply was "there are many around".
We did not see one.
The club needs to ensure that areas of the ground are made available for members.
I bet they don't have this trouble at T20 or the horrid 100.

kjb

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:52 am

I spotted friends in that area v Warwickshire,when i looked again they were gone.I saw them sitting lower down.

Another problem with T20 is they want us all to sit bunched up in that same area.When i tried to walk along to the other (empty) end i was stopped.I used to sit there ,with plenty of room until three years ago.It's virtually empty but you musn't sit there.

Badges

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum