Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Linley

+2
Alex!
guildfordbat
6 posters

Go down

Tim Linley Empty Tim Linley

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:01 am

Very pleased that George Dobell is tweeting the praises of Tim Linley and his coffee shop in Leeds. Encouraging Test match spectators to get along there.

It remains a shameful blight on Surrey CCC that Tim Linley is still uncapped.

guildfordbat

Robertoflondon, Badges, John Hamilton and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Tim Linley Empty Re: Tim Linley

Post by Alex! Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 am

Going down on Friday for the weekend, plan to pop along again. Great coffee, nice bloke to boot...

Alex!

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 am

When I saw the thread title I thought he had been drafted in to the England team, given how many bowlers are out injured.

Totally agree that it is a disgrace he was not capped, even retrospectively. I hope Surrey will put this right one day.
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn, Badges, John Hamilton and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:16 am

Alex! wrote:Going down on Friday for the weekend, plan to pop along again. Great coffee, nice bloke to boot...

Alex - please emphasise he's much missed and fondly remembered by so many of us here. Cheers.

guildfordbat

Robertoflondon and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Hamilton Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:14 am

When you think that Tremlett received a cap and Linley didn't-it is a cricketing injustice.

Come on Surrey-please put this right.

John Hamilton

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:10 pm

I agree regarding Linley but why dig out Tremlett? He played one less game for Surrey than Linley and also represented England 28 times.

Badges

Cee Gee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Badges wrote:I agree regarding Linley but why dig out Tremlett? He played one less game for Surrey than Linley and also represented England 28 times.
If we're talking about caps being handed out a bit too readily I'm fairly certain Graeme Smith received a county cap on his debut, then barely played due to injuries before leaving early the following season after we'd been relegated. I think he played about a dozen matches for Surrey across all formats.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 pm

Pink Panther wrote:
Badges wrote:I agree regarding Linley but why dig out Tremlett? He played one less game for Surrey than Linley and also represented England 28 times.
If we're talking about caps being handed out a bit too readily I'm fairly certain Graeme Smith received a county cap on his debut, then barely played due to injuries before leaving early the following season after we'd been relegated.  I think he played about a dozen matches for Surrey across all formats.

11 !

Badges

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum