Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey “Family”

2 posters

Go down

Surrey “Family” Empty Surrey “Family”

Post by Wobbler Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:56 am

I found the continual references to Surrey as a family at the end-of-season awards event rather self-serving and hypocritical. Surely if it were the welcoming, forever family it wishes us to think it is, it would have celebrated the retirement of Stuart Meaker, and that of Liam Plunkett, and the departure of Mark Stoneman, just as vigorously as it did Dernbach and Clarke. I don’t particularly like the way Surrey has favourite sons, with jobs for life for some of them, it seems. If the club were serious about halting its on-field decline, it might commission some outside opinion of its management structure and examine who has become too comfortable in their role. The fact that it chooses to present itself to us as a family is perhaps a clue to how the rot has set in.

Wobbler

guildfordbat, Badges and Cee Gee like this post

Back to top Go down

Surrey “Family” Empty Re: Surrey “Family”

Post by guildfordbat Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 am

Wobbler wrote:I found the continual references to Surrey as a family at the end-of-season awards event rather self-serving and hypocritical. Surely if it were the welcoming, forever family it wishes us to think it is, it would have celebrated the retirement of Stuart Meaker, and that of Liam Plunkett, and the departure of Mark Stoneman, just as vigorously as it did Dernbach and Clarke. I don’t particularly like the way Surrey has favourite sons, with jobs for life for some of them, it seems. If the club were serious about halting its on-field decline, it might commission some outside opinion of its management structure and examine who has become too comfortable in their role. The fact that it chooses to present itself to us as a family is perhaps a clue to how the rot has set in.

My view is that undertaking a review in detail of all cricket related matters and, importantly, then acting on it should be the top priority for Steve Elworthy. A pity he doesn't take up his role until January, I understand.

guildfordbat

Robertoflondon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbler Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 am

guildfordbat wrote:My view is that undertaking a review in detail of all cricket related matters and, importantly, then acting on it should be the top priority for Steve Elworthy. A pity he doesn't take up his role until January, I understand.

100% agree

Wobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum