Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Management Exodus

4 posters

Go down

Management Exodus Empty Management Exodus

Post by Wobbler Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:06 pm

So far, Thommo has been touted in the Times as favourite to become the new ECB Chairman, replacing Ian Whatmore.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-ashes-ben-stokes-as-captain-andrew-strauss-in-charge-no-more-kowtowing-to-ipl-my-plan-to-reboot-test-team-9tdgvxnqc

Then Alec Stewart’s name gets bandied about as a likely replacement for Chris Silverwood or even Ashley Giles.

Now Vikram Solanki has been named as a candidate for the director of cricket role at the newly created IPL franchise in Ahmedabad.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/premium/surrey_face_head_coach_hunt_vikram_solanki_linked_indian_premier_league.html

We have also lost Ryan Sidebottom as a bowling consultant - off to Yorkshire to join Goughie’s all-white coaching army of overweight ex-pros

Who knew our leadership was so good, given the track record of amazing cricket and results it has presided over in the last couple of years?

(Also what’s the betting Stewie’s magic chequebook is being waved at Ross Taylor as we speak?)

I think the only solution will be to appoint Gareth Batty as Chairman, Director of Cricket, Head Coach and Bowling Consultant all in one, with a brief to ensure a record membership of non-attenders for county cricket, more ground/hotel redevelopment to boost the conference business and pitches that ensure bore-draw cricket, so we won’t notice the difference in any aspect of our operations.

Wobbler

Missing Leg, Badges and Erniep7070 like this post

Back to top Go down

Management Exodus Empty Re: Management Exodus

Post by Missing Leg Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:17 pm

Wobbler - Your last paragraph, tongue-in-cheek or otherwise, is the best posted on these boards for many a year.

In all seriousness, I can't see Thommo or Stewie going near the ECB while the gormless oaf Harrison is in charge.

Missing Leg

Wobbler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Management Exodus Empty Oval Pitches

Post by dougieginn Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:56 pm

I see that the Oval wickets are the best batting pitches. Top with nearly 33 runs per wicket ,nearly 2 runs per wicket better than the second placed team. Perhaps one of the reasons England are performing so poorly in Australia!!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:24 pm

I would not be against Stewie replacing Giles, as he has a proven track record here, but not replacing Silverwood (who I do want gone).

Solanki, I want gone from Surrey anyway (we should have been in Div1, we had a full-strength team in the first 7 CC games and they only won 1 game).

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum