Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New System for Guest Tickets is Very Poor and Hugely Disappointing

+12
Jedrich
Keith Powell
paultpm
RB
Alex!
adelaide
Howzat
Badges
Chinaman
kjb
Jackers
guildfordbat
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New System for Guest Tickets is Very Poor and Hugely Disappointing - Page 2 Empty Re: New System for Guest Tickets is Very Poor and Hugely Disappointing

Post by Alex! Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:32 pm

Seems like you can go to the ticket office for vouchers yourself as well

https://www.kiaoval.com/surrey-v-hampshire-match-day-info-2/

MEMBERS’ GUEST VOUCHERS
Members can bring guests by securing Guest Vouchers online. A guide to doing this can be found here.

Please note, that you can also visit the Ticket Office (located at the Pavilion End of the ground, next to the Club Shop) to collect a physical guest voucher if you would prefer.

Alex!

Back to top Go down

New System for Guest Tickets is Very Poor and Hugely Disappointing - Page 2 Empty Re: New System for Guest Tickets is Very Poor and Hugely Disappointing

Post by Chinaman Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:04 am

Alex! wrote:Seems like you can go to the ticket office for vouchers yourself as well

https://www.kiaoval.com/surrey-v-hampshire-match-day-info-2/

MEMBERS’ GUEST VOUCHERS
Members can bring guests by securing Guest Vouchers online. A guide to doing this can be found here.

Please note, that you can also visit the Ticket Office (located at the Pavilion End of the ground, next to the Club Shop) to collect a physical guest voucher if you would prefer.

You can collect them at the ticket office, but you still have to book them first. So I see no advantage to member or club in this convoluted system, apart from the fact it's a box ticking exercise.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:31 pm

Noticeable that this new system got such a resounding thumbs down at tonight's AGM.

Hope that the Club will now act upon the feedback to remedy the problem entirely of its own making.

guildfordbat

Keith Powell and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:44 pm

They kept saying that 90% of the members had told them they were happy to receive guest tickets electronically, and they would need to create an alternative for the small minority who said they were not.

What are these stats based on? Does anyone recall being asked? No-one I spoke to at the meeting had been.
Jackers
Jackers

guildfordbat, Badges and RB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:03 pm

Jackers wrote:They kept saying that 90% of the members had told them they were happy to receive guest tickets electronically, and they would need to create an alternative for the small minority who said they were not.

What are these stats based on? Does anyone recall being asked? No-one I spoke to at the meeting had been.

The kindest I can be to the Club on this point is that they were talking at cross purposes. I was listening online and couldn't fathom what was being said.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:02 am

On another note I swear we hear something about buying The Cricketers every year and nothing ever actually goes forward...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:37 am

Alex! wrote:On another note I swear we hear something about buying The Cricketers every year and nothing ever actually goes forward...

Alex Shriek - Perhaps they are referring to buying cricketers...

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Missing Leg Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:24 pm

A property developer had plans approved by Lambeth Council in 2019 (subject to alterations) to knock down the Cricketers pub and build a new pub/shops/flats complex. The 3-year approval has now expired so it sounds like the developer is now trying to sell the land (or the long-term lease on the land).

A bit rich for Thommo to say that if Surrey put a pub there, prices would be lower than other pubs given the prices Surrey charge inside the ground. I'll continue to bring my own Aldi booze come what may.

Missing Leg

Jason, Keith Powell and Erniep7070 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:46 am

I have obtained guest vouchers from the ticket office without having pre-booked them.

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:48 am

Missing Leg wrote:A bit rich for Thommo to say that if Surrey put a pub there, prices would be lower than other pubs given the prices Surrey charge inside the ground. I'll continue to bring my own Aldi booze come what may.

£7.10 a pint (albeit with the £1 deposit) is shocking. Lidl in Stockwell has some fine bottled beers at £1.10.

Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Jedrich wrote:I have obtained guest vouchers from the ticket office without having pre-booked them.

Hi Jedrich - did you have to specify the game and day that the vouchers are to be used for? That's what the Club have just told me needs to happen for me to be supplied with gust vouchers. Thanks.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:56 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Jedrich wrote:I have obtained guest vouchers from the ticket office without having pre-booked them.

Hi Jedrich - did you have to specify the game and day that the vouchers are to be used for? That's what the Club have just told me needs to happen for me to be supplied with gust vouchers. Thanks.

I obtained vouchers from the ticket office on the 3rd and 4th day of the Somerset game. So presumably the vouchers were only valid for those days.

Jedrich

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:29 pm

That addresses the minor issue, ie members who are not comfortable navigating IT, but does nothing to address the major issue, ie the guest's flexibility to make a last-minute decision to accept a standing invitation if they find they are free and the weather is favourable.
Jackers
Jackers

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Jedrich wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

I obtained vouchers from the ticket office on the 3rd and 4th day of the Somerset game. So presumably the vouchers were only valid for those days.

Thanks, Jedrich. Yes, unlike in the past, the tickets can only be booked for a specified date. As Jackers has just flagged, all spontaneity as to their use has been taken away.

guildfordbat

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:09 am

Yes, there is no reason for any of this stupidity by the club ( who failed to explain it at the AGM) other than a box ticking "sustainability" exercise. It's more wokey nonsense.

Chinaman

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:12 am

Jason wrote:
Missing Leg wrote:A bit rich for Thommo to say that if Surrey put a pub there, prices would be lower than other pubs given the prices Surrey charge inside the ground. I'll continue to bring my own Aldi booze come what may.

£7.10 a pint (albeit with the £1 deposit) is shocking. Lidl in Stockwell has some fine bottled beers at £1.10.

£5 here on the ground at Bristol. In the pub less than £4 a pint.

Chinaman

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 pm

1) you do not have to print off the vouchers can be shown on the phone, sent to your guest on their phone to show
2) if you are having difficulties you can ask the ticket office to print one for you. They will
Always offer to help !
3) you receive your voucher back if the game day chosen does not take place
4) it can be just as spontaneous, you just book it on the day ( at Lords you have to stand outside the ticket office and order online even though you are standing there )
5) I am by no means tech savvy ( my family will tell you that) but I needed to book some guest vouchers yesterday and having dreaded it, found it incredibly easy ! thousands of members have used the system so it can’t be all bad
6) No I wasn’t happy to begin with but listening to those that have used and my own experience, I can live with it !

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:50 pm

Yes but if you don't have a smart phone or understand the technology as many don't it's further evidence of rushing everyone in too quickly to high tech without a manual option. Ok I don't have a problem but I can't be bothered with a 10 point instruction " how to", on free passes that can quite simply be included in the members book.

Chinaman

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:20 pm

Understand completely, my husband can’t even text , but the Club ( or me will help!) but there are a lot that do as shown by the
Number of members doing it. I don’t know where the 10 point plan comes from, I picked the date, pressed the number of tickets/ guest passes I wanted and there they were !! perhaps ask one of the staff when you are next there just to talk you through, I am sure they will
Be happy to help !

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:21 pm

I
Might not pick a T20 day though 🤷‍�

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:27 pm

The 10 point plan was on the web site. As I say I can do it, but I see no point in changing something if it has worked just fine for years, in this case so the club can tick the sustainability box, but that's already been covered previoysly.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2