Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radlett Wednesday

+13
Jackers
kjb
dougieginn
Cee Gee
Coatesy
Chinaman
Jedrich
Longshanks
Alex!
Pink Panther
Admin
adelaide
RB
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Radlett Wednesday Empty Radlett Wednesday

Post by RB Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:15 am

Not sure why Middlesex’s outground is nowhere near Greater London. Mind you the county hasn’t existed since 1965 anyway.

Expect the same XI. Can’t see Barnwell playing yet.

RB

Back to top Go down

Radlett Wednesday Empty Re: Radlett Wednesday

Post by adelaide Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:38 am

Dangerous territory on MTWD as the discussion can get almost theological. I would point out though that Surrey's main ground has been many miles from Surrey since 1965!

There was a plan to build an outground at Barnet Copthall, next to the Saracens rugby ground. That would have been well inside Greater London but only a few hundred yards inside Middlesex, as Barnet used to be in Hertfordshire. It's off the agenda now, probably mainly for financial reasons.

If you're going, enjoy a very different experience (and the hog roast, if it's being done). If you're not, the live stream is pretty professional, given that it is an outground. That's what I'll be watching - too hot for me in a ground without much shade.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:52 am

30 degrees, don't mind but like a bit of shade. Trains are too hot as well. I'll dip into the live stream. Hove on Sunday 32/33 again not much shade. If you believe a week ahead the Oval is around 24 next Wednesday.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 am

Here's my preview of today's Royal London clash between @Middlesex_CCC and @surreycricket at Radlett http://www.ovalworld-online.com/prevmidsurrlc2022.htm

List A stats sheet for @surreycricket vs @Middlesex_CCC http://www.ovalworld-online.com/ListA_Stats_Surrey_Middlesex_w_milestones.pdf

For Surrey's fixtures and scorecards go to: http://www.ovalworld-online.com/cards.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ovalworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:26 am

Seems that Middlesex are taking the RL cup more seriously than Surrey with pretty much a full side with two overseas.A hard one to win I think!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:45 am

dougieginn wrote:Seems that Middlesex are taking the RL cup more seriously than Surrey with pretty much a full side with two overseas. A hard one to win I think!

Middlesex haver lost far fewer players to the Hundred but with Helm and Roland-Jones not there the bowling is the weaker discipline by a long way. Simpson also away. If Cullen were fit he might be at the 'orrible 'undred anyway. Not sure if Murtagh would be playing anyway. The overseas players are not so high profile (or old) that they need to recharge. Just think though, you could have been facing Afridi and the run machine known as Peter Handscomb!

I don't think anyone looking at the teams on Sunday would have expected Surrey to get close but they did, so who knows? Durham less significant, I think, given that they have taken just two wickets in two matches so far.

For anyone who is there, don't take your eye off the ball! The square is the highest point on the ground and the ball may gather pace when it bounces.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:57 am

Barnwell replaces Dunn in the XI.  Surrey win the toss and choose to bowl first.

I thought about going to this one but a potentially crowded outground in this heat (no idea what the seating is like) put me off, along with a £20 ticket price plus £1 admin fee.  (How do I get charged an admin fee when I'm doing all the admin booking online?)  It was unclear whether you can pay on the gate.

Need to make sure the hosts' strong top three of Eskinazi, Stoneman and Robson don't lay a big platform, otherwise I don't see why we can't win this.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:46 am

Postage stamp of a ground...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Longshanks Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:03 pm

I got a £10 old gits ticket, but decided it was too hot to go. The livestream is excellent though and I have unlimited tea.

Longshanks

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:24 pm

Would like to have ticked it off the bucket list but I have a full-time job…

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:56 pm

Serious danger of a monster score here, 360+ if we’re not careful.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:17 pm

34 overs bowled and Barnwell not bowled one. It shows how negligent the management have been in recruitment a balanced staff. It is obvious it that we shouldn’t have to play a bowler instead of a batsman. I see Stewart strutting around the ground without a care in the world .

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Why is Cameron Steel bowling the 48th over ???

Jedrich

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 pm

Steel bowling the 48th over, you must be joking!!!!! Gone for 22 runs!!! Don’t question Geddes leadership qualities,but his judgment is awful !! What is clear from these matches is that Kimber can bat ,but can’t bowl! Cameron Steel can do neither and Stewart and Batty have no interest in this competition at all,

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:18 pm

We'd started to pull it back until some terrible bowling in the final few overs. I can't see us getting anywhere near this total.

Jedrich

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:53 pm

To be fair I’m not sure what more Batty could do, but yes we definitely need more batters next year.

Hopefully the likes of Atkinson and Worrall aren’t in the Hundred too.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:06 pm

They should have seen this coming ,they’ll knew who they had on the staff from the start of the season , shows a complete lack of planning!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:14 pm

Just tuned in for the first time and seeing a ball leap off a good length and hit Steel in the head doesn’t give me a great deal of confidence in the pitch.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:22 pm

It's not Stewart or Batty's fault that there are only 12 players available as the 100 has nicked all our 1st choice squad bar Patel. Surrey had lost more players than possibly any other county,13 on my count. Ok you could assume some would be picked from last year but players like Smith and Moriaty? I don't think so. ECB hates Surrey so it's not surprising. Not sure how you can "plan ahead" though on this basis. It is what it is. Support it.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:47 pm

Fully agree Chinaman

As I dont follow the Hundred I have no idea who Moriarty is with, but considering he hasnt played this season, it seems a bit strange.

If Batty and Stewart had 'planned ahead' as suggested, we would have had far too many players on contract, and then comments would be made about that and what a waste of resources. This is a good way of seeing who is and isnt good enough going forward.

wouldnt we rather win the CC than the RL cup anyway (if the Hundred wasnt being played at the same time and we had a full strength squad I am sure we would like to win both, but it is and we dont)

Coatesy

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 pm

The only criticism I could have on the planning for this tournament is that there must surely have been a young batter we could have brought in to give an opportunity to the same way we’ve done with Majid? When Barnwell plays but doesn’t bowl (as with Virdi two games ago) it’s just plain weird.

Cee Gee

dougieginn, guildfordbat and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:06 pm

What the management has done is have a playing staff which is woefully short of batsmen but with plenty of bowling. That is why we have a number 11 who hasn’t bowled at all. We in effect playing with 10 men,crazy planning. ,or lack of it. Who is research for this? It can only be the management, no one else. Any playing staff should have a balanced staff with the right number off batsmen and bowlers,enough of each to meet the demands of the fixture list. I hope Stewart and Batty have apologised to Barnwell for picking him with no intention of bowling him,he must be most upset and probably bemused.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 pm

looking at the list of batsmen listed on the website we have

Geddes and Reifer (playing), Amla (gone home (thats a strange 1, could have done with his experience), Burns (rested) and Roy and Evans (100)
in the all rounder section we have Patel, Steel and Lawes (playing) and Jordan, Curran (x2), Clark, Narine, and Jacks all unavailable for 1 reason or another
thats 15 batsmen listed on contract in the squad, of which 9 or 10 could be listed as top 6 or 7 in the batting line up, and that doenst even include the 3 keepers that are missing that also fit that bill
thats alot of players for 6 or 7 spaces if all available

again, this is a problem created by the ECB and their tournament.

Coatesy

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:39 pm

This Radlett outfield is ridiculous

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:49 pm

I think we need one of our biffers to come off if we are to win this.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next