Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager?

+4
Cee Gee
offdrive4
Steve
Sir Winston Churchill
8 posters

Go down

Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager? Empty Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager?

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:19 pm

This is so typical of the too clever by half attitude of our club.
Now I always said Batty was a poor captain but would make a good coach. He has now had the best interview ever, by winning the title. Are we really saying we need to interview all manner of diverse people before we are allowed to appoint him?!!
Now stop being stupid Surrey and give him the job permanently.

Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill on Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager? Empty Re: Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager?

Post by Steve Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:33 pm

Agreed Winston man!

Steve

Back to top Go down

Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager? Empty Re: Why hasn’t Batty been announced permanent full time manager?

Post by offdrive4 Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:24 am

It does seem a little strange that Batty is not yet the permanent coach. Surrey have lost their Chairman and, a while ago, their Chief Exec and have had the ECB attempt to curtail county cricket to deal with so it is probably just delayed. Stewart is normally proactive on contracts so I am surprised.

Hopefully this will all be sorted soon, there would be a lot of anger if Batty was not given the permanent role as he has more than earned it. Apart from that I cannot think of many players, if any, who have done more for Surrey than Batty. Where is the statue?

offdrive4

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Now confirmed

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Batty out.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by offdrive4 Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:48 pm

A word from SWC is enough to force the appointment through. I am very pleased for Batty and I hope his success continues. If Batty does keep winning and other teams become interested, I don't think he will be tempted by a franchise cheque, England might be another matter.

offdrive4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:47 pm

I am most happy that I have been able to force this through!!!!!!
A very well deserved appointment.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Badges, Chinaman and Cee Gee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:09 pm

Bad news for Virdi and Moriarty!

dougieginn

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedmore Wanderer Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:19 am

It’s deserved for sure

Wedmore Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I see Jade has been added to the coaching team. Welcome back to him. I have always been impressed when I’ve heard him speak and thought he’d make a good coach, particularly with younger players. I’m happy that we’ve given him that chance.

Cee Gee

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Fantastic to see Troughton and Azhar kept on; the latter's commitments elsewhere shouldn't be too much of a pain. Think Dernbach could be a sensible move, knows the club inside out yadda yadda yadda

Alex!

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmug Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:49 pm

All these news bulletins...must be heading for contract news soon, maybe next week?

Benmug

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedmore Wanderer Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:18 pm

Good appointments and let’s hope the contract news is as positive when it’s released .

Wedmore Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:20 pm

I see Stewie’s yearly flirtation with England is over again. He’s such a tease.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedmore Wanderer Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Yes , good on Alec .

Wedmore Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down