Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Amla?

3 posters

Go down

Where is Amla? Empty Where is Amla?

Post by dougieginn Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am

Didn’t play in either T20s and isn’t on our extensive injury list, no reason given. What is happening??

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Where is Amla? Empty Re: Where is Amla?

Post by Jackers Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:31 am

Not sure he is first choice in our T20 side now.
When Jason Roy goes off with England Ollie Pope should slot back in. We will also lose the Currans but Janieson is a more than adequate replacement for Tom

. Geddes may be worth trying in Sam's place, given we have lots of bowling options.

Last edited by Jackers on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:41 am

He was very successful in the T20 last year, can’t see that we need so many seam bowlers in the side, especially Dunn who is not a white ball cricketer.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:45 pm

I was surprised Dunn was selected but consider he's done ok. An important wicket last night and always difficult bowling at the start in t20s. His stats for the seconds in t20s this season are also good.

I suspect Amla's days in t20 cricket are behind him. He's not a biffer which we seem to want throughout the top 8, is a slow runner between the wickets and a weakness in the field.

In case that makes me seem anti Amla, I would stress he would still be one of the first names on my team sheet for 4 day and 50 over games.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Opening the batting against Kent in a seconds game at the Oval yesterday, Amla was out for 10 off 11 balls. By contrast, Geddes scored 73 off 48.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down