Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thompson on the Hundred in Cricinfo

5 posters

Go down

Thompson on the Hundred in Cricinfo Empty Re: Thompson on the Hundred in Cricinfo

Post by dougieginn Sat May 27, 2023 9:25 pm

It seething we can’t do anything about it, can’t get out of the straightjacket ECB are now in after signing the contract with Sky.

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Thompson on the Hundred in Cricinfo Empty Re: Thompson on the Hundred in Cricinfo

Post by Chinaman Sun May 28, 2023 7:05 am

dougieginn wrote:It seething we can’t do anything about it, can’t get out of the straightjacket ECB are now in after signing the contract with Sky.

All about money, nothing to do with cricket.
You know the two "dicks" are as bad as their predecessors in this wretched organisation. Funny how power corrupts. I've just read the article and it ludicrously says that the Ashes are finishing in July because of the amount of "white ball" cricket in September. Well if you believe that you'll believe anything. They originally said it was not to clash with the Premier League. No no, it's so the horrible hundred has no competition in August. In fact stupidily they've got themselves stuck in contract they can't get out of.
Indeed a woke competition for a woke generation.
When the great unwashed wake up and rise up all before will be swept aside. And they will.
Sunday sermon over. Have a nice day.

Chinaman

Keith Powell and Erniep7070 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun May 28, 2023 9:58 pm

Chinaman wrote:Indeed a woke competition for a woke generation.

The Hundred is woke? Have I missed something? Was Black Lives Matter demanding the introduction of the Hundred?

I dare say that many people who some would label as woke absolutely detest the Hundred. There simply isn't one entire set of views to which a so-called woke person signs up.

To be fair, you set out a cogent set of arguments against the Hundred first but often it just seems to be a very lazy substitute for debate - "it's woke - end of discussion".

adelaide

Pink Panther and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon May 29, 2023 6:35 am

It's an analogy, an opinion if you like and related more to the.following sentence as above.  But the commentary alone is full of wokery and the whole concept of the 100 fits the McDonald's generation perfectly. The problem with woke discussion is that most of  them just shout you down because their arguments are generally flawed. Present company an exception, but I'm not getting in to another woke debate.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon May 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Chinaman wrote:It's an analogy, an opinion if you like and related more to the.following sentence as above.  But the commentary alone is full of wokery and the whole concept of the 100 fits the McDonald's generation perfectly. The problem with woke discussion is that most of  them just shout you down because their arguments are generally flawed. Present company an exception, but I'm not getting in to another woke debate.

Two sides of the same coin. Crying "woke" is just as much an attempt to stifle as crying "racist".

I've only watched about three overs of Hundred so I can't comment on the commentary. I suppose Sky and BBC have to say how wonderful it is as they are paying money to show the product. Do you mean something beyond confected enthusiasm?

adelaide

RightArmSlow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Mon May 29, 2023 1:20 pm

Reading that it feels like he was forced to write "long and successful future" at gunpoint.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon May 29, 2023 3:03 pm

Crying woke? Confected enthusiasm? (What?)Long and successful future? Dear me. Have a nice afternoon

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down