Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment

3 posters

Go down

Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment Empty Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment

Post by SimonH Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:08 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-12910743/English-cricket-supremo-Richard-Thompson-lays-masterplan-game-level-seismic-year-chairman-ECB.html

"The Hundred, Thompson confirms, will only get bigger. 'I've made it clear I feel the governing body should not sell the whole tournament because you're selling summer but we are looking at ways to monetise the teams,' he admitted.

'We're working really closely on this with the counties to look at ways we can co-own the teams and how we can generate significant capital that can be reinvested into the game. That moment is now and after next year the Hundred could look quite different."

Maybe, finally, this is it for the county game. Can't see much good coming from what he's saying.

SimonH

Chinaman, offdrive4 and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment Empty Re: Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment

Post by optimistnot Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:45 pm

Gone native as they all do.

optimistnot

Back to top Go down

Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment Empty Re: Richard Thompson has been a bitter disappointment

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:38 pm

All these people see in front of their eyes is 💰. And I genuinely think they are wondering how they personally benefit from this potential money coming in to the game. I don’t believe for a second that any of them care if clubs had more cash. Fact is more cash in to clubs will simply mean more money in to players and agents pockets. This extra income will not benefit fans one bit.
This whole thing stinks. They don’t care a shit about traditional cricket and cricket fans.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down