Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T20 World Cup

+5
guildfordbat
Jackers
Coatesy
Badges
Chinaman
9 posters

Go down

T20 World Cup Empty T20 World Cup

Post by Chinaman Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:41 pm

First of all I was sorry to hear about the sad early death of Alan Inglesonn of Kent. RIP.
Secondly we could discuss the Yorkshire tit for tat racial issues. But I'll leave that for others should they wish.
Until the Ashes, and although I'm not a fan, perhaps those that are would like to talk about England's performance so far in the T20 WC. I suppose on the day almost anyone can win this. My only comment is a shame Butler can't perform anywhere near as good in Test cricket!
Trust you are all well.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

T20 World Cup Empty Re: T20 World Cup

Post by Badges Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:47 pm

I'm watching most of the games-but on tape.I cannot watch T20 live any more as it takes far too long to get through the overs.

The adverts are a necessary evil but the 2 minutes between every over,4 minutes mid innings break,etc etc etc are not.Also those ludicrous "shouty" DJs? want locking up.

Furthermore listening to Nasser makes me feel ill,he does an in depth prediction then analysis of every single delivery and gets on my nerves.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:29 pm

Buttler is a VERY good ODI/T20 player, but we all know he is not a test player. However the way he paced his innings the other day was something else. Not sure if I want us to win tomorrow, or lose to knock the Aussies out.

Its also nice to see India not doing well and if NZ, having won today, beat Afghanistan in their last group game, then India wont qualify

The hope is that England can hold it together and go on and win the thing, meaning we will hold both WCs in the shorter version of the game. With all the bad news that is going around with Yorkshire, so good news is always welcome.

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:14 pm

so after the weekend India are out. They had everything stacked in their favour, inc playing the last group game so they would know what they needed to do. Such a shame, not

England did lose but not by enough to knock the Aussies out. However, SA only have themselves to blame by taking an age to get 80 odd runs against Bangladesh. If they had done that quicker they would have qualified

as for the SFs, NZ wont be easy. They are a very good T20 side, and owe us 1 from the 50 overs final. With us seemingly missing Roy for the rest of the tournament, if England win with no Roy, Stokes, Sam Curran and Archer, that would be some achievement

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:56 pm

SA needed to rack up a big score from the word go - so we put them in....................

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:34 pm

It takes something special to entice me on the board at this time of the year.

I've just witnessed it.

Go Kiwis! Redemption for the injustice at Lord's....and then some. Win the final, and they are officially the world champions in two formats, and morally in all three.
Jackers
Jackers

Badges and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Absolutely, now I follow NZ couldn't be more pleased, even if I'm not really a fan of this format. But what is Jordan doing in the side?

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Chinaman wrote:Absolutely, now I follow NZ couldn't be more pleased, even if I'm not really a fan of this format. But what is Jordan doing in the side?

Do you mean the England side or the Surrey side? Wink

Sorry, probably shouldn't have a dig at our new Plunkett.

guildfordbat

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:20 pm

Well I was talking about England, but forgot that we've signed him up for some unfathomable reason.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:44 am

Bring on the County Championship proper cricket 🤗🤗

Keith Powell

Badges and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:11 am

I too was pleased for New Zealand.You can't say they were cheated in the 50 over final BUT............................

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Jackers wrote:It takes something special to entice me on the board at this time of the year.

I've just witnessed it.

Go Kiwis! Redemption for the injustice at Lord's....and then some. Win the final, and they are officially the world champions in two formats, and morally in all three.

not sure how you worked that out Jackers, but hey ho

anyway, if we were going to lose to anyone glad it was NZ. Due to work only saw that last bit of the game, but not not defend 57 in 4 overs (done in 3) was shameful

Hope they go an win it, whoever they play in the final

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:48 pm

I think if we had seen the last dreadful over that before he was available,we might not have signed him. Perhaps he is past his peak?

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:47 pm

dougieginn wrote:I think if we had seen the last dreadful over that before he was available,we might not have signed him. Perhaps he is past his peak?

He’s had a decent enough tournament up to that point and then bowls one bad over. Some Surrey supporters then question whether he’s past his best. If I was him I’d see if I could get out of the move and go somewhere to play for supporters who don’t change their opinion on players from one ball to the next.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:55 pm

If hes not going to play championship cricket as well shouldn't have been signed up in my opinion

Keith Powell

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:09 pm

He's been past his best for a while and really only plays T20 now. I suppose that's why we signed him, but then we often sign players over the hill don't we.

Chinaman

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:26 pm

File with the Currans and Roy in W

Waste of Time

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:25 pm

There’s an argument that we should sign more “T20 only” players - we’ve got the money for it, after all, and there are very few all-format players these days.

Jordan, however? Pfft.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down