Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State of the Game

Go down

The State of the Game Empty The State of the Game

Post by offdrive4 Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm

I am feeling very disillusioned with cricket at the moment and I don't suppose I am the only one.  Look at the issues -

1)  Every decision the ECB makes seems to damage county cricket, they just do not care about it.

2)  The Horrible Hundred fouls up the fixture list, overtaxes players,  and means no play at the Oval during high season.   It also severely damages the Blast.

3)  What with the Hundred, the IPL and international cricket (including the Lions) we never see anything approaching a full strength Surrey side.  Normally we are about five players down even before our usual injuries.   Some players seem never to play for us!  It is very difficult for Surrey to put out a decent team in these circumstances so we watch a poor side.

4)  The Yorkshire scandal!  Depressing.

5)  Our Test team are being thrashed by the Aussies to an extent that the local police tweeted that they were looking for a number of men who had been impersonating a test batting line-up!   The Surrey captain gets bowled behind his legs first ball of the game.

6)  There is a chance that covid will force grounds to be closed to spectators again.

I will renew my championship membership for next season, but for the first time I did think about it.

offdrive4

Badges and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down