Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches

+4
RB
Cee Gee
Benmug
Alex!
8 posters

Go down

Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches Empty Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches

Post by Alex! Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:13 pm

Available for this week's game at Glos, which would suggest he's been in the country for a few days already

https://www.kiaoval.com/colin-de-grandhomme-signs-for-next-three-matches/

Can't question his ability at all, but I'm not sure this is what we need when we already have an abundance of players like him already in SCurran (albeit with a reduced/no workload, Clark and JOverton, although his batting credentials are probably superior than all 3 of them

As someone else had mentioned, should have tried getting Jamieson before their series against England

Alex!

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches Empty Re: Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches

Post by Benmug Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:17 pm

I presume we got who we could.

Jamieson skipped the IPL because he wanted a break, I presume that also applied to us.

Benmug

Back to top Go down

Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches Empty Re: Colin de Grandhomme signed as Kemar Roach's replacement for 3 County Championship matches

Post by Cee Gee Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:27 pm

The article on this in the Standard says nobody has bowled more than Jordan Clark in the country so far this season, Topley and Overton always susceptible to injury and possibly the best bit, the ECB are probably going to rest Sam Curran for this game. It also said Worrall is available.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:47 pm

I think this kind of confirms what I thought about a reluctance to play Virdi and Moriarty, that our tail becomes too long as a result. CdG is a bits-and-pieces player who is neither a front-line batter nor a front-line bowler.

Probably a straight swap for Sam.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 pm

CdG is a good player, but I’d have been more excited by this one if it was for a full season in the Blast.

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:51 pm

As a kiwi at heart, I think this is a super signing. I saw him absolutely destory our (albeit depleted) bowling at The Ageas Bowl last July - 174 not out. He didn't bowl much in that match (just 8 overs, 7 maidens, 1 for 6 in the second innings) but his test and first class record are very tidy. He is not a like-for-like Roach replacement, but we have Topley, Clark, Overton and now Worrall who can all take the new ball. CDG is the genuine all-rounder we need, and sends a message to the ECB and Sam Curran that we won't need him around until he is fit to bowl without restrictions.
Jackers
Jackers

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:38 pm

I agree. Curran can't bowl and Jordan Clark has lost what batting he had, although his bowling is much much better. We don't have an all rounder, so at least CeG fills that roll for the next 3 games as an almost genuine one.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:57 pm

He scored 174 not out against us last year!

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Hate these kind of signings.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down