Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Northants at the Oval 5th-8th May

+9
dougieginn
Jedrich
RightArmSlow
Alex!
Admin
RB
Badges
Jackers
Chinaman
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Surrey vs Northants at the Oval 5th-8th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Northants at the Oval 5th-8th May

Post by Alex! Fri May 06, 2022 2:26 pm

Cracking start from Worrall and Clark

Alex!

RightArmSlow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Northants at the Oval 5th-8th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Northants at the Oval 5th-8th May

Post by Alex! Fri May 06, 2022 2:57 pm

THE BIG MAN

COLIN DE GRANDHOMME

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Fri May 06, 2022 3:33 pm

THE BIG MAN

JAMIE OVERTON !

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Fri May 06, 2022 4:58 pm

His wickets have been a bit of a gift, but Jordan Clark's such a brilliant asset to this team. Kind of stepped up in Rikki Clarke's role big time so far, even though his role as a bowler right now is vastly different

Last edited by Alex! on Sat May 07, 2022 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alex!

Robertoflondon, dougieginn, Cee Gee, RightArmSlow and KeninWestWickham like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Fri May 06, 2022 6:38 pm

Worrall has hardly bowled a bad ball in 15 overs. He looks an excellent addition providing we keep preparing wickets like this.

Cee Gee

Robertoflondon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 07, 2022 5:29 pm

Kind of gutted we're probably not going to win this by an innings, but it's been brilliant nonetheless.

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Just as I say that...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 07, 2022 5:37 pm

Good mockers! Get in, come on the Rey!

#BattyIn #Foosis

Alex!

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KeninWestWickham Sat May 07, 2022 6:28 pm

Outstanding win. I could not believe we were put in

KeninWestWickham

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Sat May 07, 2022 6:32 pm

Most impressed with Gus Atkinson, seems much improved from last season. Excellent win on another excellent pitch!!!

dougieginn

Cee Gee and KeninWestWickham like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat May 07, 2022 7:34 pm

We have genuine competition for places with both bat and ball. I haven't known that since the golden days at the turn of the century. As long as England keep their hands off the jewels in our crown we can challenge for the title.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by offdrive4 Sat May 07, 2022 10:22 pm

I think a lot of credit goes to Batty and Burns. In the last few seasons missing several top players would have resulted in a poor performance. So far this season we have taken absences in our stride as those players coming in have stepped up. Early days, but so far so good. Particularly impressed by Worrall, looks like a Joey Benjamin type signing, I
hope! We are also keepIng the ball up to the bat, a new tactic for us, which improves our chances of taking a wicket.

offdrive4

RB and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 07, 2022 10:45 pm

Batty has gone out and said this decent start because of all the groundwork laid out in pre-season by Solanki, which I find hard to believe. He needs to give himself a little more credit because he's clearly preparing the team in a good manner, and as per his persona as a player he's obviously into doing the graft. Obviously a very, very long way to go, but the initial signs are encouraging.

On another note all 3 wins at home have felt like real team efforts. Players in the top order have put their hand up and scored the runs, and the bowling unit have put in some real impressive showings for what we might say in previous years was some pedestrian bowling at best; Overton in particular looks like the player of his Somerset days, and that yorker to get Zaib hobbling off was fantastic.

The only slight concern is still the lack of a spinner; I appreciate the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' idea, but if Virdi and Moriarty aren't playing anytime soon and with their contracts due up (I believe they are the end of this season, but happy to be proven wrong), then surely they must be considering if their futures lie here. Moriarty in particular is too good a 3 format talent to just sit around playing for the 2s with a net or two...

Last edited by Alex! on Sun May 08, 2022 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alex!

dougieginn, Chinaman, RB and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun May 08, 2022 6:06 am

I'm not too concerned with the lack of a spinner just yet. With this 4 pronged pace attack there is simply no let up for the batsmen. Overton, Worral, Clark and Atkinson are bowling 85mph +. We haven't had this since, well, pre Hollioake days. And with deGranhommes accuracy and Toply in the wings why would you play a spinner, certainly on these Oval wickets. Gay aside, Northants had no answer. I think they will rest probably Clark andJacks and maybe Curran (England?) at least and play Toply and Virdi at Beckenham.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Sun May 08, 2022 1:03 pm

Dan Worrall will be delighted to be included in a list of bowlers bowling 85mph plus 😉

Cee Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sun May 08, 2022 1:17 pm

My only grumble is the fact we won in 3 days, because today was the only day I could have gone!

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun May 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Cee Gee wrote:Dan Worrall will be delighted to be included in a list of bowlers bowling 85mph plus 😉

Right arm fast would suggest speeds of 85mph - he was certainly bowling as quick as anyone in this game.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2