Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hove Sunday

+13
adelaide
Alex!
Jackers
Ray AFCW
kjb
Longshanks
Admin
Cee Gee
dougieginn
VicNorth
Badges
Chinaman
RB
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hove Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: Hove Sunday

Post by Longshanks Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:15 pm

Abuse eh. It's true what Twitter says. The 100 is about exposing cricket to casual audience and getting it on FTA. Sky own the rights to T20 and it takes too long for the BBC timeslot. I haven't been to any T20 or 100 games but watched a bit of TV. They're both dross, but like Twitter says, the game will die if nothing is done.

Longshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:21 pm

So if Twitter says it, it must be true!
BBC believed it was T20 they were signing up for. How come they are now showing 2 matches one after the other if they had only a specific time scale to fit. With so many repeats on most channels, I'm sure they could have arranged things quite easily.

I agree about abuse; there is no call for it on this forum.

kjb

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Looks like this game has gone.
Twitter? It's crap and does serious harm. I don't do social media but Twitter amongst others should be taken down.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:46 pm

No Pujara in our line-up. Oh, you'd already noticed?

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:55 pm

Yes, back to the match in hand. Again, we are outclassed by a team with a star batsman and a few decent bowlers.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Can't say their bowling looks stronger on paper.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:04 pm

Once again, no blame to anyone selected for this match.

The tournament is an absolute farce and it is certainly not "developmental" in any sense for Surrey to be fielding such a team. I hope our tall friend in high places gets this sorted ahead of next season's schedule.
Jackers
Jackers

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:07 pm

Brad Currie I have seen bowl this year in a University match, and I have to say he wasn’t anything special back in April. Quite how he’s going at less than 5 an over on a better pitch than “the Falmer pudding” says a lot about our batting.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:36 pm

Can we just refuse to play this competition going forward

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:03 pm

RB wrote:Brad Currie I have seen bowl this year in a University match, and I have to say he wasn’t anything special back in April. Quite how he’s going at less than 5 an over on a better pitch than “the Falmer pudding” says a lot about our batting.

Currie and Karvelas (a Greek international apparently) made their Sussex debuts in the CC against Middlesex as trialists. As they seem to have played every match since then perhaps they now have contracts. Currie bowled really well in that match, moving the ball both ways. Karvelas less so but he probably saved the match with his batting. Sussex look to have done well to find them.

I presume that Surrey put Sussex in out of consideration for the crowd, so they could see as long a match as possible. (Removes tongue from cheek...)

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:07 pm

Alex! wrote:Can we just refuse to play this competition going forward

No. It is what it is. I'm sure some players will come out of this as possibles for the future. I know it's one sided and appreciate people's frustrations but support this rather than the bloody 100. There wasn't far short of 3000 at Hove either.

I'm going for a couple of days to Nottingham and will take on the game at Welbeck Colliery. Never been so it's an opportunity, and looks a really nice part of the world.

Oval Wednesday. Be there!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:45 pm

The Red Rooster

guildfordbat, Badges, Ray AFCW and KeninWestWickham like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Paul Edwards is a good writer. Tells it like it is.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by KeninWestWickham Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:38 pm

Pujara scored more than our team. Whose crackpot idea was it to field first (again)? Madness.

KeninWestWickham

dougieginn and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:27 am

The Red Rooster wrote:Crickinfo report on the Sussex game that some of you should like...
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/royal-london-one-day-cup-2022-1297661/sussex-vs-surrey-group-a-1297999/match-report

Thanks for posting.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:01 am

Whilst it is interesting to see some younger and fringe players given opportunities this is at the risk of becoming farcical. I can fully understand members frustrations at taking out membership and not being able to see a Surrey team they recognise play in August. ECB has long ignored county cricket and I feel the upshot will ultimately be reduced interest in test cricket as it a) gets squeezed in the schedule and b) players prioritise franchise cricket

Bhambrownhatter

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:07 pm

I see problems with the Membership but really every one would have been aware that we were going to loose key players, albeit perhaps not 14. I doubt they'd reduce memberships unless a lot of people don't renew next year should the Championship be reduced to 10 games. Effectively 5 at home. I'd seriously think about it.
Fill in the latest survey and tell the Exterminating Cricket Board what you think of them.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:42 pm

Chinaman wrote:I see problems with the Membership but really every one would have been aware that we were going to loose key players, albeit perhaps not 14. I doubt they'd reduce memberships unless a lot of people don't renew next year should the Championship be reduced to 10 games. Effectively 5 at home. I'd seriously think about it.
Fill in the latest survey and tell the Exterminating Cricket Board what you think of them.

Hi Chinaman - apologies if I'm missing something under my nose but where is this latest survey? Please let me know and I'll fill in accordingly.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:12 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Chinaman wrote:I see problems with the Membership but really every one would have been aware that we were going to loose key players, albeit perhaps not 14. I doubt they'd reduce memberships unless a lot of people don't renew next year should the Championship be reduced to 10 games. Effectively 5 at home. I'd seriously think about it.

Hi Chinaman - apologies if I'm missing something under my nose but where is this latest survey? Please let me know and I'll fill in accordingly.

The link to the survey is on this home page. It's quite extensive.

https://cricketsupporters.com

Chinaman

guildfordbat and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Chinaman wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

The link to the survey is on this home page. It's quite extensive.

https://cricketsupporters.com

Thanks, Chinaman. Now completed and submitted. Felt there was a fair bit of box ticking questions before getting to the meat and drink although that does seem to be the way of most surveys these days.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 pm

Why does 'white ball cricket' even need to be white ball cricket if it's not played under lights?

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2