Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricket Supporters Association Survey

+5
Jackers
The Red Rooster
Steve
VicNorth
Chinaman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cricket Supporters Association Survey  Empty Cricket Supporters Association Survey

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 am

https://cricketsupporters.com/

It's a bit lengthy with a lot of diversity stuff, but also plenty of room to have a go at the ECB and thier stupid blueprint.
Personally I think the ECB should be subject to an independent enquiry as to whether it's still fit for purpose......which it isn't.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Cricket Supporters Association Survey  Empty Re: Cricket Supporters Association Survey

Post by VicNorth Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:19 pm

I don't believe they'll take any notice.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Cricket Supporters Association Survey  Empty Re: Cricket Supporters Association Survey

Post by Steve Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:34 pm

Vic me old China. Any changes are not up to the
ECB. The only people who get a vote are the county
chairman and it must be a two thirds majority.
Hopefully they will be intelligent enough to tell the ECB
to stick their review up their arse.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Steve wrote:Vic me old China. Any changes are not up to the
ECB.  The only people who get a vote are the county
chairman and it must be a two thirds majority.
Hopefully they will be intelligent enough to tell the ECB
to stick their review up their arse.

Indeed. And while they are about it give them what they give us: a threat to not let the ECB use the 15 County grounds owned by the clubs. They can stick that up their proverbial with the review. Time for trying to be nice has long gone. Crickets going to split apart if this goes on much longer, in fact it's already begun.

Chinaman

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:08 pm

They won't take any notice.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:20 pm

The county cricket watching public did not want the Hundred. The county chairmen were well aware of that.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:13 pm

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:29 pm

Well the last thing the so called England "Test" team need is a reduction in red ball cricket. If the counties have any sense they'll throw it down the toilet. And if I here any more " diversity" bollox....

Chinaman

Jackers and dougieginn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:05 pm

Encouraging tweet from one of our elected Committee members....
https://twitter.com/MattTee/status/1560747525774221313?t=klVBBzMErYfFh3UmcN1qgA&s=19
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:28 am

Get quite annoyed reading some of the discussion relating to changes to county cricket. It seems any conclusions on the county game are at the whim of whether the England team is successful or not. Somewhat ironic given that hardly any if the England players represent their counties in any form of cricket. Lack of spin or the ability to play spin is cited as an issue yet if there is no four day cricket in August that is unlikely to change. Sure England’s performances against New Zealand were entertaining but as the SA test shows test cricket is a nuanced game needing a multitude of skills at different times. If the domestic game’s centrepiece is now a form of cricket that is not even based on 6 ball overs not to mention no sense of ‘team’ or the needs for perseverance, resilience, team spirit inevitably the standard of test cricket will deteriorate - it is obvious! But no - clearly the answer is to reduce the number of 4 day games - those that actually mirror test cricket the closest and give maximum importance to a competition based on no sense of tradition, of no value to genuine cricket enthusiasts and which will only attract fickle, fair weather fans. Just can’t believe county members can be treated with such disdain. They are at the heart of cricket yet completely ignored. Surely the answer to a successful test team rests simply on as many of the best players playing a type of competitive domestic cricket that mirrors test match cricket as closely as possible.

Bhambrownhatter

Jackers, kjb, Badges, Keith Powell, Chinaman and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:30 am

Perhaps as a way of putting pressure on the ECB is to start boycotting buying tickets for test matches if they start seeing half empty grounds they might start listening to county members who keep them in business.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Cricket Supporters Association Survey  Empty Not too sure about that, Keith. They might then turn round and say test cricket doesn't interest people. It would make sense if members who's membership includes the Hundread didn't come to that.

Post by kjb Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:23 am

Keith Powell wrote:Perhaps as a way of putting pressure on the ECB is to start boycotting buying tickets for test matches if they start seeing half empty grounds they might start listening to county members who keep them in business.

kjb

OvalCynic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:41 pm

Any more interest in a red ball "development competition" as opposed to a 50 Over one ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-11128601/English-cricket-set-NEW-red-ball-competition-played-alongside-Hundred.html

I do not have a Times subscription but the first paragraph says it all..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/andrew-strauss-the-hundred-will-be-here-for-at-least-another-five-years-99wpxgt70

Mr Strauss flying a lot of kites in public at present....

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:22 pm

[quote="Keith Powell"]Perhaps as a way of putting pressure on the ECB is to start boycotting buying tickets for test matches if they start seeing half empty grounds they might start listening to county members who keep them in business.[/quote

A boycott might not be needed for several reasons:
Lords yesterday was half full or half empty whichever you prefer. I know there were transport problems but I doubt if it affected 10,000 or so punters who weren't thier, who had paid obscene money to watch this excuse for an England side.
The prices do not reflect the financial situation the country is currently in. Maybe people in London can afford £150 tickets but they won't pay it outside of the capital. The Lords snobs need to get real.
England Test cricket ain't worth £15 a day let alone £150+. People are not stupid enough, I think, to throw good money away watching this shite.

You know give the new Chair a go, but I wouldn't trust the ECB to mop the floor.
Time for a breakaway organisation before cricket completely disintegrates into cheesburgers.

Chinaman

Jackers and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:26 pm

One more thing,as Surrey is a supposed Member's Club we should have a vote on Strauss's nonsense. In fact it seems to me that they are trying to squeeze this through before the new Chairman has recovered from his fitness test. I though this was supposed to happen in October?

Chinaman

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:46 pm

If the rich paid more tax, everyone with relatives dying from cancer would get the support they needed. Just a thought.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:44 am

Chinaman wrote:One more thing,as Surrey is a supposed Member's Club we should have a vote on Strauss's nonsense. In fact it seems to me that they are trying to squeeze this through before the new Chairman has recovered from his fitness test. I though this was supposed to happen in October?

Check your emails for Surrey Campaign Group. Motion to force a meeting to discuss any proposals.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:57 am

SCG...it has a touch of class about it (glad we avoided 'SAG'). And it's very apt, as I believe our ground is twinned with the Sydney Cricket Ground
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:02 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Chinaman wrote:One more thing,as Surrey is a supposed Member's Club we should have a vote on Strauss's nonsense. In fact it seems to me that they are trying to squeeze this through before the new Chairman has recovered from his fitness test. I though this was supposed to happen in October?

Check your emails for Surrey Campaign Group. Motion to force a meeting to discuss any proposals.
We both sent emails supporting motion to force a meeting today

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:45 pm

Lancashire, Yorkshire, and now Warwickshire have arranged meetings to discuss the proposals with their members and hear their views.

https://edgbaston.com/news/stuart-cain-to-host-ask-the-ceo-during-somerset-fixture/

Why have Surrey not yet organised such a meeting, to give members as much notice as possible? The obvious time would be immediately after play on one of the first two days of the Yorkshire game. There is currently a standard members' breakfast forum scheduled on Day 2, but the priority is surely to allow time and space to debate the proposals which will impact on the entire future of cricket.

To accommodate the numbers that would likely want to attend we should hold it in the large area of the ground floor in the OCS stand that will be used for the End of Season Awards on Day 3.
Jackers
Jackers

Keith Powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:40 pm

Chinaman wrote:

Is there a link for this Surrey Campaign Group?
If there was a single site where everyone could post the idea of a members vote it would be far better than individual emails to SCCC (presumably Mr Elworthy).

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:50 pm

kjb wrote:
Chinaman wrote:

Is there a link for this Surrey Campaign Group?
If there was a single site where everyone could post the idea of a members vote it would be far better than individual emails to SCCC (presumably Mr Elworthy).
Have asked to have link put on here

Keith Powell

David W likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Thanks Keith, here is the information -

Having brought our petition to the Club, the next step is to call for a Special General Meeting to make sure that members are consulted.

Please see two links –

A leaflet explaining why we are calling it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UtRb1LhiUcXBH6IzXOjO1G1vu7-9igAN/view?usp=sharing

The motion we are asking you to sign:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14RZmF-TDGSH_WCUH6kYIMEGmZvr4h_ii/view?usp=sharing

To sign the motion, please –
1. Print the motion from the second link above
2. Add your name, sign and include your membership number
3. Email a scan or photo of the signed motion to surreycricketcampaign@gmail.com

Please only sign this if you are a current Surrey member.

If you already signed this at The Oval during the Gloucestershire game, please don’t sign again. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks for your help – together we can save First Class Cricket from further erosion.
David W
David W

Keith Powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 pm

Thanks for that David.
I hope there is a huge response from members

kjb

Keith Powell and David W like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:16 pm

kjb wrote:Thanks for that David.
I hope there is a huge response from members

There is already enough for the meeting. Information received today on good authority has indicated Surrey will not be agreeing to any reduction, meeting or not.

Watch out folks there is a big battle coming for the soul of the game.
As a postscript at Welbec today Notts were collecting signatures from members for a petition of their own.

Chinaman

Jackers, Keith Powell and David W like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next