Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I almost want us to lose the Ashes this year.

+13
MatthewC
Alex!
Badges
Keith Powell
offdrive4
Vauxhall
adelaide
Chinaman
Jackers
Cee Gee
Jhe10077
RB
Sir Winston Churchill
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I almost want us to lose the Ashes this year. - Page 3 Empty Re: I almost want us to lose the Ashes this year.

Post by VicNorth Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:36 pm

Chinaman wrote:I think Stokes is anything but "cool".
If he wants to see the definition of "cool" he should have recorded yesterday's afternoon film "The Magnificent Seven". Now Steve McQueen was Mr Cool and Yul Bryner not far behind!

Neither of them played cricket.

VicNorth

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

I almost want us to lose the Ashes this year. - Page 3 Empty Re: I almost want us to lose the Ashes this year.

Post by Vauxhall Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:24 pm

Hmmm I wonder if we could have done with some extra 1st innings runs?

Vauxhall

dougieginn, Keith Powell, Chinaman, Sir Winston Churchill and Andy1210 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Hmmmm I wonder if the worlds best wicket keeper would've made a difference!
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

dougieginn, Chinaman, MatthewC and Andy1210 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:34 pm

Oh for another 20 runs! Daft declaration.
I think a top class spinner if we had one, and a fast bowler were required, Wood, this afternoon on that pitch. Anderson hardly bowled, Stokes was bowling pies and Robinson looked knackered by all accounts. And Moeen is well, not much good. But what a performance by Cummins and Lyon. Well done. That was Test cricket, not Bazball.

Chinaman

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmug Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:46 pm

Too much Bazball you say? But maybe not enough. Not an attacking field in sight from 30 runs out. We had the Aussies where we wanted them until they became the aggressors 🤷‍�

Benmug

Back to top Go down

Post by Vauxhall Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:58 pm

We could have easily batted Australia out of the game in the 2nd innings too, without some brainless shots. Even more so if we had more 1st innings runs to play with.

There’s a reason declarations are made in the 2nd innings rather than the 1st…

I think today, and the loss in NZ from an unassailable position, might lead Stokes to stop acting as if he’s saving test cricket single-handedly and try to bat the opposition out of the game.

Vauxhall

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:30 am

If he wants to see the definition of "cool" he should have recorded yesterday's afternoon film "The Magnificent Seven". Now Steve McQueen was Mr Cool and Yul Bryner not far behind!

I was tempted to watch it yet again but resisted! Here's one i could watch every day though...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OcM23Hbs5U

Badges

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:27 pm

[quote="Badges"]

I was tempted to watch it yet again but resisted! Here's one i could watch every day though...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OcM23Hbs5U[/quot

Yes one of my favourites, there's nothing like a good Bogie!
The ultimate "cool" film though is probably Bullit.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:46 am

This couldn't care less attitude always with his feet up, lounging around is a poor look for an international coach.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3