Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki...

+10
Basileus1453
Badges
Chappers
The Red Rooster
RB
dougieginn
Robertoflondon
Chinaman
offdrive4
Sir Winston Churchill
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki... - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki...

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:40 pm

I remember Ken Bates at Chelsea. He became so obsessed with building non-football related businesses at Chelsea,-2 hotels, a health club, a bank of sorts, a museum and god knows what else- with the expectation that they would help subsidise the club going forward. In the end none made money (most lost it), and we ended up with a smaller ground to accommodate these daft ideas. An extra 10,000 seats would've made the club miles more dough that these non football ideas.
All big sports clubs should stick to their core business. Surrey have gone right off track, however they are no where near recognising the car crash they are heading towards. (Note, Missing Leg talking about £7.9m spent on some land!!).
Meanwhile we employ dead beat head coaches, end of their usefulness former England players,  and allow Stewie to run amuck with the playing side.
We really ought to be called the Surrey Wokes, for this is where we are heading at the expense of potential cricket success.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

John Hamilton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki... - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki...

Post by Badges Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Bedser,May,Stewart,Laker,Lock, Hobbs,Edrich ..............GALADARI?????????????????????????????? Sad

Badges

Basileus1453 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Basileus1453 Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:41 pm

Badges wrote:Bedser,May,Stewart,Laker,Lock, Hobbs,Edrich ..............GALADARI?????????????????????????????? Sad

So it wasn't just me who was a bit wtf.

Makes you wonder about that hotel idea doesn't it?

Basileus1453

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:22 am

Badges wrote:Bedser,May,Stewart,Laker,Lock, Hobbs,Edrich ..............GALADARI?????????????????????????????? Sad

He is major benefactor of the Club.  Not too many were complaining when before the Paviliion was renamed after Micky Stewart the previous sign on it was MAR Galadari. After all the club plays at the KIA Oval and we have a JM Finn stand today.

I mean who is JM Finn a relative of the Middlesex T20 captain...Wink

The Red Rooster

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:06 am

Galadari, Finn....two wrongs don't make a right. I always appreciate going to county grounds where the stands are either  named after genuine county legends such as at Taunton and Worcester or retain their traditional names. Whisper it quietly but even Lord's, which I generally dislike every bit as many Surrey supporters for its "stuffiness", gets this aspect right.

While we have that famous opening partnership Galadari and Finn's names plastered all over large swathes of our ground since the start of the season, I am still having to badger the club to get round to putting Robin Jackman's name at the bar which was meant to be named in his memory.

Priorities.
Jackers
Jackers

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki... - Page 2 Empty Time to get rid of Stewie and Solanki

Post by dougieginn Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:47 am

I see that Angus Fraser has paid the price of continued failure at Middlesex, I wonder if we will do the same??

dougieginn

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:44 am

If Alec has the self-respect I believe he has then I am convinced he will not be here next season. The Club has ultimately chosen to acquiesce in the ECB's chosen path which, as is becoming crystal-clear, makes his vision to win trophies for Surrey unachievable.

I will have huge respect for him if he jacks it in and pulls no punches in explaining why, rather than just the banal "time for a new challenge/spend more time with family.."
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbler Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:48 am

Do we know if Gareth Townsend is leaving of his own volition or because he has been pushed out...? I can only assume the former but wonder if there is some frustration there with senior management.

Equally do we know whether the club is actively recruiting a new CEO or whether they are giving the interim an extended trial run?

Wobbler

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2