Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Cricket On TV

+7
guildfordbat
RB
VicNorth
Steve
Badges
Wokoval
Peter.M.Gardens
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Live Cricket On TV Empty Live Cricket On TV

Post by Chinaman Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:04 pm

I'm thinking of dumping my TV Licence for a whole host of good reasons, but here's a question I can't seem to find an answer to:

If you watch streamed live County cricket on your TV on You Tube, do you need a TV licence? I'm not sure who actually owns the cameras but I assume each county club arranges the broadcasts? But is this via Sky or someone else? I don't think it is. If you watch say live GB News for example, via You Tube then apparently you do, but, someone told me that the TV Licence mafia can't monitor you on You Tube.

Any views?

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Live Cricket On TV Empty Re: Live Cricket On TV

Post by Chinaman Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:13 pm

Just found this, so may have answered by own question:

"If you are watching a TV programme live on YouTube, you need to be covered by a TV Licence. A licence is not required to view user generated content, clips and videos on YouTube. This includes live streamed content that is not part of a television you are watching a TV programme live on YouTube, you need to be covered by a TV Licence. A licence is not required to view user generated content, clips and videos on YouTube. This includes live streamed content that is not part of a television broadcast. Or being broadcast at the same time by being broadcast at the same time by someone else".

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:02 pm

"Say GB News for example." 😂

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:15 pm

Just watching Will Jacks and Jason Roy playing in SA20 on Sky Sports. Roy scored 5 off 6 balls before being caught out by Jacks, who took 3 catches, didnt bowl. Jacks scored 58 off 34 balls
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhe10077 Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:25 am

The King is dead long live the King.

Jhe10077

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:36 pm

Jhe10077 wrote:The King is dead long live the King.

Pretoria needed 14 to win off the last over and the bowler (West Indian Obed McCoy) bowled 4 dots balls. The look on the faces of the Pretoria bench when the realised they couldn't now win the match after looking dead set most of the match! (they scored just 37 off last 5 Overs) Ended up getting just 3 from that final over of a T20 - Paarl Royals won by 10 runs.

Surrey Representation in SA20:

Jason Roy (Paarl Royals)
Will Jacks (Pretoria Capitals)
Sam Curran (MI Cape Town)
Reece Topley (Durban’s Super Giants)
Dan Worrall (Sunrisers Eastern Cape)

Running same time as Big Bash (Tom Curran and Laurie Evans) and International League T20 tournament in Dubai (where Chris Jordan, Jamie Overton and Sunil Narine are playing)

Last edited by Peter.M.Gardens on Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 pm

I would never have thought it possible a few years back but i've virtually given up watching Cricket on TV. If i do i tape it and let it go for an hour or so in order to cut out the ads, DRS and a host of other annoyances.

I enjoyed T20 when it first arrived,went to the finals day in 2005 and 2006 and hardly missed a game at The Oval when you could sit anywhere you wanted.However there is so much of it now i can't stand to watch it any more with the exception of our own,domestic competition.

Badges

Chinaman and Jhe10077 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:41 pm

Jason Roy (Paarl Royals)
Will Jacks (Pretoria Capitals)
Sam Curran (MI Cape Town)
Reece Topley (Durban’s Super Giants)

AKA THE USUAL SUSPECTS.................Do they ever spend any time at home with their families?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............................

Badges

Chinaman and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:10 pm

Badges wrote:I would never have thought it possible a few years back but i've virtually given up watching Cricket on TV. If i do i tape it and let it go for an hour or so in order to cut out the ads, DRS and a host of other annoyances.

I enjoyed T20 when it first arrived, went to the finals day in 2005 and 2006 and hardly missed a game at The Oval when you could sit anywhere you wanted.However there is so much of it now i can't stand to watch it any more with the exception of our own,domestic competition.

No wonder they can't flog the 100 overseas: so many hit and giggle leagues that most people have never heard of and care about even less. I wouldn't watch this junk live or on TV even if you paid me. Like you Badges I too enjoyed the T20 until it became just a bore feast, that was probably around 2007, or after that awful final at the Oval featuring Atomic Shitten. It was ok for 3 weeks in 2003, a bit different but like anything more is rarely better. Anyway now I know I can watch County stuff on You Tube and stop contributing to Garry Lineakers obscene salary and ignorant comments by dumping the woke BBC. Oh dear though......what about Eastenders? Never thought of that.
Mmmm.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:26 pm

I was just channel hoping and I saw Will Jacks was batting so watched his innings. My first viewing of an SA20 match. It does make you pine for County cricket to start.
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by Wokoval Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:38 pm

I was against T20 right from the beginning but in my worst nightmares could never imagine what we have now. I have to concede, however, that it became and still is extremely important for county finances. T20 should have been kept as a short 3 week tournament. How many games do people remember?. The whole thing has now ruined the game. When the overkill leads to spectator decline what is left?.

Wokoval

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:49 pm

You can't remember most of them the following day and i gave up drinking in 2012 !

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:36 pm

Hopefully the India test series will be on TV. Saying that I doubt if Ben will keep wicket. They will pick big ginge again who will struggle with the ball turning sharply. He will miss an easy stumping and the Indians will win the series easy. Their spinners are miles better than ours.

Maybe Stokes wont be fit so with Ollie skipper he will pick Ben over big ginge.

Lets see what happens people!

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Be careful how you say Ollie skipper.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:32 am

As I said I can see them picking both and Brook or even Stokes missing out. I don't think they would have picked Foakes to go on tour to benchwarm.

RB

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:26 pm

If Foakes doesn't get the nod i hope we get beat.

Badges

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:34 pm

He wont Badges because big Ginge is big mates with the other Ginge Mr Stokes. Mr Stokes wont care that big Ginge couldnt catch Covid as he reckons he will make it up with the bat.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:21 pm

I don't think it's as simple as one or the other. As I have said we will not need five bowlers in India.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:20 pm

RB wrote:I don't think it's as simple as one or the other. As I have said we will not need five bowlers in India.

I suspect - at the start of the series anyway - that Root will be England's fifth bowler and could have a significant role to play there.

As regards various batting and keeping options, I would suggest Bairstow, Brook and Foakes are fighting it out for two places.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:20 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
RB wrote:I don't think it's as simple as one or the other. As I have said we will not need five bowlers in India.

I suspect - at the start of the series anyway - that Root will be England's fifth bowler and could have a significant role to play there.

As regards various batting and keeping options, I would suggest Bairstow, Brook and Foakes are fighting it out for two places.

As I said, the XI I would pick depends on the pitch.
Road/Good pitchBunsen Burner
CrawleyCrawley
DuckettDuckett
PopePope
RootRoot
BairstowBrook
StokesBairstow
FoakesStokes
AhmedFoakes
WoodAhmed
LeachWood
AndersonLeach

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:29 pm

The bowling!

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:18 am

Jacks opened the batting 101 off 42 balls, and opened the bowling 3-0-18-2

Reece Topley 4-1-34-3

SA20
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:30 am

Stokes wont bowl so it will be 2 seamers and 2 spinners with a bit of Root. Foakesy wont play so they can stick Baz Ball up their arse and I hope they get thrashed 5-0 f**k em.

Steve

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:56 am

We'll need more bowling than we've got.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:09 am

Its good the action is going to be on TNT. The Sky Sports lot are all good mates with Rob Key. They are too scared to criticise Baz Ball as they dont want to upset Key.

Steve

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next