Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THe cost of THe Hundred

4 posters

Go down

THe cost of THe Hundred Empty THe cost of THe Hundred

Post by The Red Rooster Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:34 am

Accortding to The Daily Telegraph today - ECB reserves 2016 - £ 73 Million, ECB Reserves 2021 - £ 2.2 Million. That is a £ 70.8 Million pound loss largely caused by a competition the majority of existing fans do not want.

With the ECB losing £ 16.1 Million last year, the damage to the game that the ECB has caused will mean the national side being monetised with more additional and superflous series being arranged (such as the New Zealand Tests) and any Counties with cash flow problems will fuind that the ECB biscuit tin is empty.

With Heather Knight declaring the Hundred will be a success even if no-one attends (yes, she did say that). A Very low bar has been set and with Free tickets being strewn around, as has been mentioned on another thread, any "crowds" will bring in minimal revenue.

At what point will county members put pressure on their committees to remove Tom Harrison and his chums from the ECB which they can do as the Boards "stakeholders"

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

THe cost of THe Hundred Empty Re: THe cost of THe Hundred

Post by Chinaman Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 am

I'm not sure that the counties can remove the ECB cronies. Did they not give up voting rights stupidly some years ago? I would have thought if these idiots were removable it would have happened by now.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:24 am

I'd add. I'm no financial expert but the Big Bash took 5 years just to break even. With the dire state of the ECB finances pointed out by the the Red Rooster, it strikes me that they and some of the smaller counties, could actually go bankrupt if the 100 flops, like many think it will.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:03 am

I have been looking at this and Surrey are going to struggle to put a side out in the RLC

Jacks, Roy, Evans, Pope (wk), Burns, Curran, Clark, Curran, Overton, Topley, Dernbach with Plunkett as 12th man

Thats a side made up of all the players not available as they are in the Hundred

the best I can get with the players that are left is

Stoneman, Amla, Patel, Geddes, Smith (wk), ? , Clarke, Atkinson, Dunn, Batty, Moriarty

whilst there is some experience in that side, there is also a player missing, and having looked at the squad and the injuries we have I am not sure where that player is coming from

Now can someone please explain to me how we are meant to play 8 games in a tournament with barely a team, let alone a squad. I am sure Royal London are ecstatic that they are sponsoring a tournament when all the focus will be on the 'hit and giggle' going on at the same time

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 am

More money being spent on the Hundred on salaries for more Overseas "Stars"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-10010465/The-ECB-considering-overseas-stars-slots-franchise-years-tournament.html

It would appear the same season structure for 2022 as this year, with Test playersc required to play "wackit" before losing the first Test to South Africa...

Nice to know our interim CEO gushing in his praise for the "success" of The Hundred at the recent members forum . Post - Richard Gould I take it that is now the position of Surrey CCC ?

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:36 am

I suppose the only silver lining is that if they spunk even more money up the wall to attract average overseas players to The Hundred (the Indians still won't touch it with a bargepole) there will be fewer slots for the likes of Gus Atkinson and Laurie Evans.

Unless they create two more franchise teams, of course....
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down