Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting is open for the General Committee

+6
SimonH
guildfordbat
VicNorth
Jason
Badges
David W
10 posters

Go down

Voting is open for the General Committee Empty Voting is open for the General Committee

Post by David W Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:21 am

I am standing for election and would be grateful for your support.

As my intro says, I am a long term Surrey supporter and member and support us in all three competitions.

I am near ever present at Surrey games and will be at 13 of the 14 Championship games this year.

I will always speak up for Surrey at a time when other teams are being prioritised.

Thanks folks

David
David W
David W

SimonH, Jason, Badges, Chinaman, TinyTownsend, KeninWestWickham and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Voting is open for the General Committee Empty Re: Voting is open for the General Committee

Post by Badges Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:24 pm

I only used two of my votes.One for you and one for Simon Menneer.All the best.

Bill

Badges

Jason and David W like this post

Back to top Go down

Voting is open for the General Committee Empty Re: Voting is open for the General Committee

Post by David W Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:42 pm

Badges wrote:I only used two of my votes.One for you and one for Simon Menneer.All the best.

Bill

Many thanks Bill
David W
David W

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:37 pm

Badges wrote:I only used two of my votes.One for you and one for Simon Menneer.All the best.

Bill

Same here. Good luck David and Simon.

SimonH

Badges, David W and VauxhallRey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:04 pm

SimonH wrote:

Bill

Same here. Good luck David and Simon.

Thanks Simon
David W
David W

SimonH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:55 am

Ditto with the two votes. Plus one for Zafar. 'cos those meetings need someone to guarantee the bore factor...

Jason

KeninWestWickham and VauxhallRey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:31 pm

I voted for Simon. He doesn't seem like as much as a fascist as others on here.

VicNorth

VauxhallRey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:02 pm

VicNorth wrote:I voted for Simon. He doesn't seem like as much as a fascist as others on here.

Maybe there's still time for him to adopt it as a campaign slogan.

guildfordbat

SimonH and VicNorth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:24 pm

VicNorth wrote:I voted for Simon. He doesn't seem like as much as a fascist as others on here.

"Fascist" in the sense of ... what?

SimonH

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 am

Jason wrote:Ditto with the two votes. Plus one for Zafar. 'cos those meetings need someone to guarantee the bore factor...

And also to inject a bit of youth among the oldies. Let's face it we are all a bit stuck in our ways to varying degrees. Never a bad thing, and Zafar has got a brain. I've voted for him as one of 4.

Chinaman

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 am

Very bad choice of words.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:25 am

SimonH wrote:

"Fascist" in the sense of ... what?

"Anti-woke".

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:09 am

Maybe most fascists are anti-woke but that doesn't mean that most anti-woke are fascists.

adelaide

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:16 am

adelaide wrote:Maybe most fascists are anti-woke but that doesn't mean that most anti-woke are fascists.

See also, "I'm not a racist, but..."

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 pm

I would strongly suggest that the word "fascist" is not used unless your talking about Nazi Germany or other abhorrent murdering dictatorships or groups.The majority of people are not necessarily anti woke, they just have more important things in their lives to do than worry about pandering to minorities. Indeed my good wife does not even know or care what woke is. Suggest this continues on the Anything But thread, if it must.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 pm

David W wrote:I am standing for election and would be grateful for your support.

As my intro says, I am a long term Surrey supporter and member and support us in all three competitions.

I am near ever present at Surrey games and will be at 13 of the 14 Championship games this year.

I will always speak up for Surrey at a time when other teams are being prioritised.

Thanks folks

David

David - I've just seen this post of yours which was reposted this week by George Dobell on X (twitter as was):
''County cricket isn't an irrelevance or a nuisance or something sustained by subsidies from the England team: it is the nursery, the school, the apprenticeship. County cricket, not charismatic leaders, is the solution.''

That gets you my vote.

guildfordbat

Jackers, Chinaman, David W, KeninWestWickham and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:33 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
David W wrote:I am standing for election and would be grateful for your support.

Thanks folks

David

David - I've just seen this post of yours which was reposted this week by George Dobell on X (twitter as was):
''County cricket isn't an irrelevance or a nuisance or something sustained by subsidies from the England team: it is the nursery, the school, the apprenticeship. County cricket, not charismatic leaders, is the solution.''

That gets you my vote.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I should make clear it’s not my words but a quote from George Dobell in the current Cricketer but it’s a quote I endorse a century%.
David W
David W

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:23 pm

On my way to the AGM. Will be interesting to hear the latest on The Hundred/potential sale of a majority share to counties and (in some cases) external investors.

Anyone else going?

Last edited by Jackers on Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:25 pm

I’ll be there.

Worried about the issue you mention.
David W
David W

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:51 pm

They won't take any notice.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:48 pm

Sounds like they are in conversation with Alec so that he stays on in a reduced role (described as "the bits he enjoys, rather than the bits he finds frustrating".)
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyTownsend Thu May 02, 2024 11:00 pm

It would be good if the club actually published the full results of the committee elections every year.
Meaning the positions and total votes cast for each candidate who took part.
If they don’t feel that it is appropriate for any reason(s) to publish these publicly on their  website or Facebook site, they should send this information out to members via email.

TinyTownsend

SimonH, RB and Lonsdale Skinner Fan Club like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down