Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durham v Surrey…

+6
cricketman
Badges
adelaide
Chinaman
Jackers
Cee Gee
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Durham v Surrey… - Page 2 Empty Re: Durham v Surrey…

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:26 am

cricketman wrote:Second XI game v Kent also seems to have vanished without any explanation.
Got my dates wrong, this should have started yesterday. No score for this or Notts seconds.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:59 pm

I have it from a good source that they called the game off because they couldn't get the PCR test kits their in time. Seems a bit bizarre.
I had an email from the club which said that Sunday's Northants game is still scheduled, and any announcements will be made via the web site. I would have thought Friday would be the deadline, but who knows with this lot.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:22 am

Not starting a  Northamptonshire thread yet as I don't want to jinx it.

This was sent out as part of Surrey's comms this morning:

"Surrey’s first match of the four-match divisional stage was cancelled last week due to a positive Covid-19 Test in the Surrey camp. Upcoming matches depend on the testing status of the other players & coaches over the coming days. This will be confirmed as soon as a decision has been made by the ECB.

Should those tests come back negative and the fixtures be able to go ahead, Surrey will travel to Northamptonshire between 5th & 9th before Essex (12th – 15th) & Glamorgan (21st – 24th) visit The Kia Oval."

I commented that we should press the ECB to make a decision on Northampton by Friday as supporters would lose money on hotels and travel if it were cancelled any closer to the match.

I presume the squad was tested as soon as possible after the initial case was discovered then were all instructed to self-isolate or "bubble" so that no more players than already had the virus would pick it up.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Northants game set to go ahead as things stand https://www.kiaoval.com/northants-v-surrey-expected-to-go-ahead/

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Well got to take a bit of a punt here. I've got until close tomorrow to cancel my guest house and not incur charges. I could drive it on the day but by the time you take off the petrol and 4 hours round trip a day it's not really worth it. The weather is now looking pretty good. Be interested to see the team!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2