Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somerset v Hants

5 posters

Go down

Somerset v Hants Empty Somerset v Hants

Post by Coatesy Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm

This game could be vital for who finishes in the top 2 of our division

Somerset have had a horrid start, currently 33-4. Not sure what would be the best result for us

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Somerset v Hants Empty Re: Somerset v Hants

Post by Chinaman Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:26 pm

The experts will correct me, but I think whoever wins that one won't make much difference. However Leicester are almost 200/2 against Gloucester, a Leicester win would be good for us.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:10 am

Leicester stopping Gloucester winning would help us

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Leicester 451 ao. Cant see Gloucester winning from there

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Leicestershire's batting and bowling are like chalk and cheese.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Hampshire blow a bit hot and cold too.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:11 pm

This looks like it could be a tight match but Gloucester are being blown away by Leicester.
As our last 2 matches are against Hampshire and Somerset our fate SHOULD be in our own hands.

kjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:08 am

With the Leicester win, this is going to be a close call, but I think we will need to still win the next two as Somerset look like beating Hampshire. Not sure they will allow Burns or Sam to play, but maybe Tom/Roy? But we need bowlers!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Hampshire managed to survive for a draw against Somerset. Good result for us, along with the Leicester win.

Somerset,  Gloucester, Hampshire and Surrey all have a good chance of qualifying for the final six. Even Leicestershire have an outside chance. In the other two groups, four of the six teams are still in contention. Group A is especially close with only 9 points separating the top four sides.

I don't get much of the criticism of the new format: I think it makes for competitive cricket and encourages the so-called "lesser" counties to take championship cricket seriously and raise their game (Durham, Glamorgan, Leicester...). Two improvements are needed: (a) find a way to make the last part of the season meaningful for the 12 teams not involved in the championship group, and (b) scrap the "final" in October.

I'd certainly rather watch absorbing championship cricket than watch paint dry aka England batting or indeed (with their funereal over-rate) bowling.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Yep. Looking close in the table.
Perhaps we can grab NZ's Wagner. Great bowler and best number 11 around I reckon.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:59 pm

Chinaman wrote:Yep. Looking close in the table.
Perhaps we can grab NZ's Wagner. Great bowler and best number 11 around I reckon.

If the roadmap does get pushed back two weeks, would we still be allowed in the Rose Bowl for the four-day game? I think their capacity is 15,000 but I doubt they have anything like as many members wanting to go as we do for our home games, so even if they are constrained by the current 25% capacity rule I would have thought if we've already bought our tickets we'd be ok?
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Nothing on the web site Jackers. Tickets on sale, but I'm waiting till the 14th just in case the "experts" have have other ideas. It is 4 weeks away so if it's all pushed back two weeks as rumoured it should be ok. T20 and the ODI would be affected though.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:25 pm

We are booked into the hotel in a room facing the pitch.We also have 4 day passes.Fingers,and everything else,crossed!

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:42 am

the results in our league last week couldnt have gone much better for us, and sets up a intriguing finish to the league when it resumes in a couple of weeks time
as has been said above, its in our hands, though I notice that Gloucester still have to play Middlesex at home.
What the last 2 games have shown is that Gloucester have a phobia against spin bowling

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down