Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Somerset July 11th.

+14
dougieginn
Jackers
Sir Winston Churchill
Cee Gee
Admin
The Red Rooster
Alex!
adelaide
guildfordbat
Coatesy
Basileus1453
RB
Badges
Chinaman
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Surrey vs Somerset July 11th. Empty Surrey vs Somerset July 11th.

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Anyone having trouble with booking tickets? It doesn't recognise any of my details including membership number. Have emailed the club.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Somerset July 11th. Empty Re: Surrey vs Somerset July 11th.

Post by Badges Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:45 pm

I've got mine for 4 days but can't remember what i did at the GLOUC game to get "guest" tickets ???????? I had the same problem typing in my son's name and number - it didn't recognise it although he's been a member for many years.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:56 pm

3 spinners plus Jacks, Fortis. You know it makes sense.

Burns, Stoneman, Amla, Pope, Smith, Jacks, Clark/Clarke, Jamieson, Batty, Moriarty, Virdi

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:02 pm

Seems ok now and I've done it. You can assign up to a max of 3 tickets to other members providing you have their details. Also I gave guest passes to a friend who used them for entry without a booked seat. I suppose it depends on pre booked capacity. If your not used to these online booking systems it's a bit of a hassle quite frankly.

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Basileus1453 Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:09 pm

I didn't see any options to assign Guest Tickets for this one. Will possibly look to ring the ticket office. That being said with play starting on the Sunday it will be a tougher sell. Hopefully the Hampshire game will allow this one to carry some significance.

Basileus1453

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:13 am

You can use the guest tickets in your members pack or assign them on line. I think last time you couldn't do this until near the game, but I don't think you can exceed 8 passes however you do them. It's all a bit messy really.

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:01 am

I got a nice email back from Surrey so should be OK!

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:22 am

Good weather forecast for Sunday and Wednesday, with showers Monday and Tuesday at present. Need a big win here!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:01 am

RB wrote:3 spinners plus Jacks, Fortis. You know it makes sense.

Burns, Stoneman, Amla, Pope, Smith, Jacks, Clark/Clarke, Jamieson, Batty, Moriarty, Virdi

love the thoughts RB but as Jacks is with England and Jamieson presumably injured thats not going to happen

still possible to get 3 spinners in though if we get Ashwin for the game

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:27 am

Chinaman wrote:Good weather forecast for Sunday and Wednesday, with showers Monday and Tuesday at present. Need a big win here!

This is really for seasoned anoraks like RB and Adelaide but I reckon we are going to need maximum points and limit Somerset to 2 bonus points to finish in the top two in our group.

One massive problem for us is that Gloucs and Hants are some way above us in the table (that assumes Gloucs defat Middlesex today as expected) and they play each other. Therefore they are both going to get points for a draw or one of them will get even more points for a win. Whatever way you cut it, I don't think we can overtake both of them.

Thus, we need to annihilate Somerset. Not very likely and all very disappointing.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Basileus1453 Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:37 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Chinaman wrote:Good weather forecast for Sunday and Wednesday, with showers Monday and Tuesday at present. Need a big win here!

This is really for seasoned anoraks like RB and Adelaide but I reckon we are going to need maximum points and limit Somerset to 2 bonus points to finish in the top two in our group.

One massive problem for us is that Gloucs and Hants are some way above us in the table (that assumes Gloucs defat Middlesex today as expected) and they play each other. Therefore they are both going to get points for a draw or one of them will get even more points for a win. Whatever way you cut it, I don't think we can overtake both of them.

Thus, we need to annihilate Somerset. Not very likely and all very disappointing.

Hmmm looking at that dynamic it appears to me that even winning the toss is important. Looks to me (At a glance), Surrey would have to bat first, achieve maximum points, declare with several wickets intact and then force the follow on.

Basileus1453

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:59 am

Basileus - to achieve max points, we just [ahem] need to score 400 for the loss of no more than 8 wickets in our first innings and skittle Somerset in theirs for under 200. All within 110 overs both times. Doesn't matter who bats first.

Oh, and we need to go on and actually win.

Piece of cake come to think of it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:17 am

guildfordbat wrote:Basileus - to achieve max points, we just [ahem] need to score 400 for the loss of no more than 8 wickets in our first innings and skittle Somerset in theirs for under 200. All within 110 overs both times. Doesn't matter who bats first.

There is also a possibility that you could be relying on Middlesex beating Leicestershire to stay in the middle two! If it comes to that, good luck with that one, but I suppose you may not care much about middle/bottom two if top two becomes impossible.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 am

adelaide wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Basileus - to achieve max points, we just [ahem] need to score 400 for the loss of no more than 8 wickets in our first innings and skittle Somerset in theirs for under 200. All within 110 overs both times. Doesn't matter who bats first.

There is also a possibility that you could be relying on Middlesex beating Leicestershire to stay in the middle two! If it comes to that, good luck with that one, but I suppose you may not care much about middle/bottom two if top two becomes impossible.

Good spot, Adelaide - I said we would need your input on this! That said and in line with your thoughts, anywhere outside the top two will give most of us (me included) sufficient reason to rant bitterly.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:04 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
adelaide wrote:

Good spot, Adelaide - I said we would need your input on this! That said and in line with your thoughts, anywhere outside the top two will give most of us (me included) sufficient reason to rant bitterly.

My anoraksia nervosa meant that I couldn't stop myself commenting, GB (or will it soon become UK?)

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:54 am

To be honest with such a messed up season, not having been able to watch over half the games, I'm not really bothered where we end up in the tables. It's all a bit meaningless. I just take each game on its merit and at least try to enjoy it.
Maybe our second team in the upcoming one day cup will do the business.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coatesy Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:53 am

personally I think its more worrying that we might not finish 3rd or 4th, and have more chance that that may happen then we have of finishing in the top 2

As said earlier in the week, on the assumption that the championship goes back to normal next year, to have any chance of being in Division 1 surely we have to finish in no worse than 3rd in 2nd tier this season.

Coatesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:27 pm

Coatesy wrote:personally I think its more worrying that we might not finish 3rd or 4th, and have more chance that that may happen then we have of finishing in the top 2

As said earlier in the week, on the assumption that the championship goes back to normal next year, to have any chance of being in Division 1 surely we have to finish in no worse than 3rd in 2nd tier this season.

I'm not sure that this season will be used to decide who is in what Division if it goes back to as it was.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Basileus1453 Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:45 pm

I had a look at the tables collectively and to be fair if this was one league Surrey would pretty much be mid table (Though you'd be barely a third into the season).

Maybe Surrey would finish higher up with extra resources perhaps coming to bare as matches progress.

I think with the above in mind, the logic would be to split down the middle so should this revert to league system top couple of places are essential to the middle group. It's the bottom one that doesn't have much going for it.

Basic setup this season is tournament format isn't it but the local derbies thing makes it something of a hybrid. Two equal like 20/20 might be a bit better but it's clearly a compromise with the scheduling.

Death to the 100

Basileus1453

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:04 pm

Whoever wrote this has the blinkers on if they think that England are playing more internationals this year than usual.

THEY ARE NOT.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:37 pm

RB wrote:

Whoever wrote this has the blinkers on if they think that England are playing more internationals this year than usual.

THEY ARE NOT.

If only everyone was as clever as you.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:17 pm

County Cricket has enough problems without people fabricating more of them.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:33 pm

RB wrote:County Cricket has enough problems without people fabricating more of them.

If only everyone was as clever as you.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next