Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title run in

+10
Badges
optimistnot
Keith Powell
dougieginn
Alex!
Coatesy
Pink Panther
Chinaman
offdrive4
Cee Gee
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Title run in  - Page 3 Empty Re: Title run in

Post by Steve Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:13 pm

I know badges hopefully it pisses down all day in
Southampton tomorrow!!!

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:13 am

Longshanks wrote:The BBC weather forecast is supplied by Meteogroup rather then the Met Office. No weather forecast is accurate beyond 4 days and if it's showery, probably not accurate at all.

Yes you're right. Although I think even four days is stretching it a bit sometimes! I tend to go regardless because I've been caught out sometimes. Most places you can kill a day or so if need be anyway.
The forecast is actually a lot better for next week as I write.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:17 am

Keith Powell wrote:
Jackers wrote:I've just cancelled my hotel. If there's any play on the first two days, I'm happy to donate the 30 quid I spent on early-bird match tickets to a struggling county who could do with the money.
We have just cancelled our booking as well as we had until 11.59 tonight to cancel without a charge.
We will wait and see what the weather is like on Sunday and decide then.Im sure there are plenty of hotels available if we,decide to go.

Just for future reference may i ask which hotels you booked? We've been to Northants twice with another couple who booked it all and the places we stayed at  were not very good.Plus we found Northampton a bit of a dump.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:21 am

Badges wrote:
Keith Powell wrote:
Jackers wrote:I've just cancelled my hotel. If there's any play on the first two days, I'm happy to donate the 30 quid I spent on early-bird match tickets to a struggling county who could do with the money.
We have just cancelled our booking as well as we had until 11.59 tonight to cancel without a charge.
We will wait and see what the weather is like on Sunday and decide then.Im sure there are plenty of hotels available if we,decide to go.

Just for future reference may i ask which hotels you booked? We've been to Northants twice with another couple who booked it all and the places we stayed at  were not very good.Plus we found Northampton a bit of a dump.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:28 am

Keith Powell wrote:
Badges wrote:
Keith Powell wrote:

We booked Oscar Lodge hotel haven't been to northants before so can't give any recommendations but being able to cancel was very useful.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:58 am

OK,thanks.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:10 pm

The forecast for Monday does look a little less awful, though Tuesday and Wednesday still looks very wet. I think if it were, say, Scarborough, Nottingham or Manchester I'd probably take a chance as there are other ways of spending time when there is no play for hours at a time. Northampton doesn't strike me as that sort of place. I hope the weather exceeds expectations and those of you going get some decent , uninterrupted play.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:23 pm

Looks like Hants are being thwarted by rain, but Lancs have declared to try and get a result...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:40 pm

I stayed at Oscar Lodge last year. Less than 10 minutes from the ground. Modern and quite satisfactory. No breakfast but a cafe across the road. Very little accommodation near the ground.

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Cee Gee wrote:Hants have mostly steamrolled teams in a way that we don’t - we’ve won several games that have gone down to the final day. I hope I’m wrong but I think Hants style is more conducive to picking up wins in weather effected matches.
It's a lot easier to steamroller the opposition when you always have your best players available, barring routine injuries. Unless I'm much mistaken Hampshire haven't lost a single player to England duty for any Championship match this season. They'll be missing Liam Dawson for the final two games but they've even managed to squeeze in an extra game with him this week, while his Surrey counterpart Will Jacks will miss our last three matches on the same tour.

Hampshire appear heavily reliant upon their experienced pace trio of Barker, Abbott and Abbas, which is perhaps comparable to Surrey having Morkel, Dernbach and Clarke for the entirety of our last title winning campaign, when we often crushed the opposition. We've had a few innings victories this time too.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:31 pm

Hampshire getting underway. The next four hours will probably determine our season. Kyle Abbott is injured which won't help them.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:11 pm

They should have gone off for rain but didn’t. Hampshire
then get a dodgy LBW then they go off for rain straight after.
They are f**king jammy c***s.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:21 pm

I don't mean to sound macabre, but with the news surrounding the Queen I wouldn't be surprised if next weeks round of fixtures were abandoned completely should something happen

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Gonna be a f**king boring weekend then.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:38 pm

Well, we won the title the year she became Queen (and for the following six years)....
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:29 pm

3.30 resumption. 50 overs remaining, but surely even if it doesn't rain the most they'll be able to bowl will be about 30 before it gets dark. Northants' lower order needs to do better than their middle order. I'd say at the moment it's 60-40 in favour of the draw, but I'm nervous. Still, I guess in the grand scheme of things we may reflect there are worse things that could happen today than Surrey relinquishing their championship lead....

Last edited by Jackers on Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:38 pm

33.5 overs...seems doable. Inevitably they'll make a meal of it...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:39 pm

Hampshire are jammy c**TS with no England call ups
so will no doubt win. The ECB hate us so want Hants
to win the CC.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Nah, game over...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 pm

According to my weather radar, an hour's rain is due there in 10 minutes....
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:29 pm

8 down now. Can they last that long ???

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:35 pm

To be fair Hampshire scored 400 in 90 overs, declared immediately, then bowled well enough to enforce the follow on against opponents who've lost only twice previously. If we narrowly failed to win under similar circumstances after losing a day and a half to the weather we'd be gutted.

It looks like we may need two wins and a draw from our last three matches.
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:45 pm

Mind my language, but just fuck off...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Jackers wrote:According to my weather radar, an hour's rain is due there in 10 minutes....

Where is it then ???

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedrich Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:57 pm

All over.

Jedrich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down