Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title run in

+10
Badges
optimistnot
Keith Powell
dougieginn
Alex!
Coatesy
Pink Panther
Chinaman
offdrive4
Cee Gee
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Title run in  - Page 4 Empty Re: Title run in

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:58 pm

Ok, it's done. I always thought it was likely that Hampshire would beat Northants and (especially) Kent at home. We need to win next week. No excuses about iffy weather (Hampshire had that this week and dealt with it). No excuses about England call-ups: we've proved more than once this season that we have the squad to cope. We need to beat Northants and Yorkshire, bat positively and get maximum batting points, and see where that takes us.

Would I have settled for runners-up at the start of the season? Yes. But now, we would have frankly thrown it away (failing to beat Kent twice, for a start).
Jackers
Jackers

Keith Powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Panther Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Jedrich wrote:
Jackers wrote:According to my weather radar, an hour's rain is due there in 10 minutes....

Where is it then ???
It's probably pissing down by now!
Pink Panther
Pink Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:11 pm

With announcement of the test match resuming, there's no reason why the game at Wantage Road shouldn't go ahead as planned...

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm

Alex! wrote:With announcement of the test match resuming, there's no reason why the game at Wantage Road shouldn't go ahead as planned...
Hopefully as booked 2nd hotel after cancelling first when forcast was dreadful.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Test match resumes tomorrow so hopefully ok for northants Monday.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 pm

I hope there is some county cricket next week, even though I respectfully disagree about the test match continuing for the reasons I suggested on the other thread (too soon, and Surrey's/The Oval's unique relationship with the new King). If football can pull the weekend schedule out of respect, so should cricket. I guess three days is plenty of test match time for this England team.

I have only just realised we have a game in hand on Hampshire (and Lancashire), so I am more optimistic than I was yesterday evening. The title remains very much in our hands. I believe two wins and a draw will be enough (assuming plenty of bonus points). Logic suggests the next two games are the ones to target. If we bowl/field to our potential and bat positively, we can still do it
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Keith Powell wrote:Test match resumes tomorrow so hopefully ok for northants Monday.

The ECB have just said all cricket can resume as scheduled. Weather now is forecast dry for all 4 days so a win is well on the cards I think.

Chinaman

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:10 pm

The ever reliable Will Macpherson has said on Twitter that he believes Jaime O to be some way off a return to action but was more hopeful on Worrall. He also said not to expect TC or Roy.

Cee Gee

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum