Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

+14
Cee Gee
Olympian2
Coatesy
cricketman
Basileus1453
Badges
Alex!
Ali888
RB
Chinaman
Jackers
adelaide
Robertoflondon
guildfordbat
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket - Page 5 Empty Re: Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

Post by Olympian2 Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Jackers wrote:Is this a similar "research programme" to the one which Michael Gove took advantage of when he went to the Champions' League Final in Lisbon and didn't have to self-isolate even though he was pinged by the NHS App?

Sorry, I don't share others' enthusiasm for the sickening exemption being made to allow crowds for the ODI. Why is it any safer for large numbers of people to travel in to London for that than for Surrey's T20 home games, let alone for much more modest numbers to be allowed to enjoy championship cricket at the Ageas Bowl where most would have been travelling by car to the out-of-town venue, not squeezed on to London's public transport system?

It’s not safer but it is more revenue-generating. See also Euro 2020, Wimbledon & British Grand Prix.

I know it was probably a tongue-in-cheek or rhetorical question but I couldn’t help responding 😊
Olympian2
Olympian2

Back to top Go down

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket - Page 5 Empty Re: Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

Post by Chinaman Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Olympian2 wrote:
Jackers wrote:Is this a similar "research programme" to the one which Michael Gove took advantage of when he went to the Champions' League Final in Lisbon and didn't have to self-isolate even though he was pinged by the NHS App?

Sorry, I don't share others' enthusiasm for the sickening exemption being made to allow crowds for the ODI. Why is it any safer for large numbers of people to travel in to London for that than for Surrey's T20 home games, let alone for much more modest numbers to be allowed to enjoy championship cricket at the Ageas Bowl where most would have been travelling by car to the out-of-town venue, not squeezed on to London's public transport system?

It’s not safer but it is more revenue-generating. See also Euro 2020, Wimbledon & British Grand Prix.

I know it was probably a tongue-in-cheek or rhetorical question but I couldn’t help responding 😊

Yes money talks. How many fat cat VIP's coming to the Euro Final and skirting all the travel regulations? 2000 odd I think.
Someone once said, if I remember it right, "Rules are made by idiots for fools to follow". Could well apply to most of these daft restrictions.

Chinaman

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Olympian2 wrote:

Yes money talks. How many fat cat VIP's coming to the Euro Final and skirting all the travel regulations? 2000 odd I think.
Someone once said, if I remember it right, "Rules are made by idiots for fools to follow". Could well apply to most of these daft restrictions.

Oh right, I'll come and burgle your house then!

The fig leaf for these major events is that they are in some sense test events and (I think) that those attending will either have to be vaccinated or have tested negative but it is a pretty flimsy fig leaf.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:47 am

Had the latest email from Surrey late Last night regarding the ODI with the consent form you have to fill in plus anyone you booked tickets for filled mine in but no link to add my wife's details so have done separate emails contacted the number on the form and the guy said there should be a link to add others on.
Has told me to get in contact with Surrey which I plan to do.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 am

I’m surprised they’re still insisting on tests and things for the British Grand Prix as that’s on 18 July. Silverstone is on the verge of going bust, so they needed it.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:07 am

RB wrote:I’m surprised they’re still insisting on tests and things for the British Grand Prix as that’s on 18 July. Silverstone is on the verge of going bust, so they needed it.

I wonder if Matt Hancock will claim he was taking part in an experimental test event. If so, I'd volunteer!

Money talks, that's for sure. The only thing about a large event is that perhaps economies of scale it easier to bear the cost of all the messing around, like proving people have been vaccinated or have tested negatively, than a smaller event.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:35 am

Keith Powell wrote:Had the latest email from Surrey late Last night regarding the ODI with the consent form you have to fill in plus anyone you booked tickets for filled mine in but no link to add my wife's  details so have done separate emails contacted the number on the form and the guy said there should be a link to add others on.
Has told me to get in contact with Surrey which I plan to do.

Hi Keith - I received the same email last night and was equally puzzled. I've bought 4 tickets; one for me (a member) and three for friends who aren't members. I filled in the form for myself, expecting it to go on to ask details about anyone I had bought tickets for, but when I clicked on ''Next'' the form was submitted and acknowledged with thanks.

I've forwarded the email (with the link to the form) to each of my three friends and suggested they individually complete the form and submit it. One has done so already and it seemed to work for him. The form does appear to suggest that it has to be completed by each ticket holder rather than just the buying member. However, far from clear.

Adelaide - we're trying to sort proper stuff out here.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:47 pm

I've just seen this, buried away on the Hampshire site and obviously added in the past few days as I have been checking regularly:

"Tickets
Due to government restrictions, capacity restrictions will be in place for Hampshire's final two home LV= Insurance County Championship fixtures.

These two fixtures at The Ageas Bowl - against Leicestershire and Surrey - will be Members-only events, meaning that only Hampshire Cricket Members, registered Members' guests and hospitality guests can access these fixtures to ensure attendees remain safely socially distanced."

I get that they have had other fixtures to deal with, but when customers pay over £50 several weeks up front for a four-day pass the very least they deserve is to get an email and confirming that the refund is in hand. Absolutely shocking treatment.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:19 pm

I understand some Surrey Members have booked hotels as well.
This is absolute tosh, no way will they get 3000 Hants. Members per day so they are throwing income down the drain. I've just written a stinking email. Government ****ing idiotic Covid restrictions, but it's fine to have 60,000 in Wembley. I'm not one that usually gets angry but this virus crap is really pissing me off big time now. The Bowl is a shit hole which is a minor compensation.

Chinaman

Pink Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:13 pm

We booked the hotel (facing the pitch) and 4 day passes a few weeks ago.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Badges wrote:We booked the hotel (facing the pitch) and 4 day passes a few weeks ago.

Trust you'll get a full refund. I've had to cancel my B&B today.I
I presume we'll have to go through all the online booking mucking about for the Oval on July 11th again. If these restrictions continue into August, which wouldn't surprise me, then the One Day Cup will be effected, Tests too. Might bury the 100 though!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Chinaman wrote:
Badges wrote:We booked the hotel (facing the pitch) and 4 day passes a few weeks ago.

Trust you'll get a full refund. I've had to cancel my B&B today.I
I presume we'll have to go through all the online booking mucking about for the Oval on July 11th again. If these restrictions continue into August, which wouldn't surprise me, then the One Day Cup will be effected, Tests too. Might bury the 100 though!

My biggest fear from the very start of this summer was - and remains - that the timing of the full lifting of restrictions on crowd numbers would play into the 100s hands. So do I actually want them to be extended into August? Well, cricket isn't everything in life, so I can't say that I do.

But let's just say that if by some miracle the can is pushed down the road once more the impact on the 100 would be one heck of a silver lining.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:53 am

My partner has just had a notification telling her to self-isolate, which means me too and that we can't go on Thursday to the ODI. I'm hopeful that getting a refund doesn't prove to be a pain in the backside.

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:04 am

Sorry to hear that Alex. I see that even for those going you have to sign up to the Government 's latest initiative for events, fill out an online form and prove you've had two jabs or a test. To be frank all this performance and hastle is beginning to ruin the season for me, you can't even have a pub lunch without filling in a 10 page Risk Assessment! I'm beginning to wonder what was the point of having the vaccines because it's not enabling us to do what we want. I'm still seething about not being able to go to Hampshire. If it's any consolation if Sri Lanka bat first it will be over by 2.30.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 am

I was going to say if based off those T20s I might be better off with £45 to spend elsewhere, ha.

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:32 am

We await a reply from Hampshire CCC.I've been sent photos of the view from the hotel room balcony which seem perfectly OK but would rather be in the ground obviously! The tickets were paid for over 6 weeks ago.What possible difference could it make if we are in the ground? After following the rules for 18 months i'm at the "enough is enough" stage,especially considering the crowds at the football.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:12 pm

It seems all grounds, with the exception of Lancashire for some reason, are member's only for all T20 and CC games up to July 19th at the earliest. To be frank all grounds should assess their own risk here and do what they are comfortable with, instead of following the Government nonsense. As Badges is in the grounds hotel at least he can see the match. The stupidity of which of course is that his balcony view is around 50 metres from the back of the stands! Obviously the virus doesn't travel that far?!

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Chinaman wrote:It seems all grounds, with the exception of Lancashire for some reason, are member's only for all T20 and CC games up to July 19th at the earliest!
In which case I would be expecting to be getting an e-mail from Surrey asking me to reserve a members ticket for the T20 against Kent and CC against Somerset which the club have not done, as yet, still banking on a relaxation of the rules two weeks earlier on 5th July.

Sussex do not have their RLC tiuckets on sale as yet because of the lack of clarity on the end of lockdown restrictions.  County clubs are taking a huge financial hit this season the longer this goes on.

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Surely the only reason they are "members' only" can be that the members who actually wish to attend the relevant games take up the full quota of 25% of ground capacity. So, for example, Sussex v Surrey today. Hove ground capacity is 6,000. 25% of that is 1,500. If no tickets are on sale, there must be 1,500 Sussex members wanting to go.
Jackers
Jackers

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Rooster Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:32 pm

Jackers wrote:Surely the only reason they are "members' only" can be that the members who actually wish to attend the relevant games take up the full quota of 25% of ground capacity.  So, for example, Sussex v Surrey today. Hove ground capacity is 6,000. 25% of that is 1,500. If no tickets are on sale, there must be 1,500 Sussex members wanting to go.

For clarity, the Royal London Cup starts on 22nd July and lockdown restrictions end on 19th July so the 25% of ground capacity argument does not come into play.

The Red Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:41 pm

The Red Rooster wrote:
Jackers wrote:Surely the only reason they are "members' only" can be that the members who actually wish to attend the relevant games take up the full quota of 25% of ground capacity.  So, for example, Sussex v Surrey today. Hove ground capacity is 6,000. 25% of that is 1,500. If no tickets are on sale, there must be 1,500 Sussex members wanting to go.

For clarity, the Royal London Cup starts on 22nd July and lockdown restrictions end on 19th July so the 25% of ground capacity argument does not come into play.

Which is why you can buy tickets for games after July 19th. That presumes the Government ends restrictions which I think is 50/50 at best. Power corrupts, they have a control of the population, and it's difficult to let that go.
No doubt we'll hear from Surrey re: the CC game against Somerset on July 11th. I presume it will be the same procedure as the last two.

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:51 am

The news this morning suggests a data review shortly to determine whether "some restrictions can be lifted" next Monday 5th July. This could effect the Somerset CC at the Oval, and maybe mean availability for Hampshire. Knowing their customer service down their I'd be surprised. It could be just the new Health Secretary trying to convince us he's a nice guy!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 am

Called the ticket office this morning about the ODI, 15 minute wait but they processed a refund after I explained the situation. Turns out from reading the guidance that I could have gone, but Sri Lanka have also gone and now sent 3 senior players home after a breach, so it'll be even more one-sided.

I know people have their varying issues with membership/ticketing office, but for me their service has always been second to none

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Good news! A reply from Hampshire CCC ticket office this morning confirmed that our tickets will be valid.

Badges

Basileus1453 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:12 pm

I've had no email from Hampshire. I am currentlly trying to get through on the phone to them. I cancelled my hotel on Saturday after seeing the message on their website saying it was members only.

What a bunch of Hancocks.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next