Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

+14
Cee Gee
Olympian2
Coatesy
cricketman
Basileus1453
Badges
Alex!
Ali888
RB
Chinaman
Jackers
adelaide
Robertoflondon
guildfordbat
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket - Page 6 Empty Re: Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

Post by Chinaman Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Badges wrote:Good news! A reply from Hampshire CCC ticket office this morning confirmed that our tickets will be valid.

Good news. Now I want to know why I as a Surrey Member still can't purchase any. Don't worry I won't mention you.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket - Page 6 Empty Re: Two-week delay in full opening would be a crushing blow to Surrey - and county cricket

Post by Jackers Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:00 pm

After a 40-minute wait I got through to the Ageas Bowl who confirmed that I will be able to go, and they will send my e-tickets a couple of days before the game.

I have just rebooked the hotel I cancelled on Saturday. It cost me an extra £60 of course.

But I know I am one of the lucky ones.
Jackers
Jackers

Badges and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Well I trust they will put tickets back on sale if their 25% capacity of member's "only" isn't met. They seem to be digging themselves into a hole here.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:40 pm

Good Morning  

Thank you for your email.  

The County Championship fixture between Hampshire and Surrey starting on July 4th will be a member only game due to current capacity restrictions in place.  

We will however be honouring anyone who has pre booked tickets to the game.  

We look forward to seeing you at the Ageas Bowl soon.  

Kind Regards  

Tickets​

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Cee Gee Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Badges wrote:Good Morning  

Thank you for your email.  

The County Championship fixture between Hampshire and Surrey starting on July 4th will be a member only game due to current capacity restrictions in place.  

We will however be honouring anyone who has pre booked tickets to the game.  

We look forward to seeing you at the Ageas Bowl soon.  

Kind Regards  

Tickets​

Nice of them to honour you as well!

Cee Gee

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:26 am

Still waiting to hear as to if they are going to reopen sales if they haven't reached 25% capacity, although if they do it's probably going to be Saturday night! I'm pleased they are honouring tickets already sold rather than refunding non members, but really it should be one or the other.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm

This just now from Hampshire:

"RE: County Championship Sunday July 4th.

Enquiries <Enquiries@ageasbowl.com>
To:
30/06/2021 16:21

We had a handful of pre-booked tickets bought before the restrictions were extended and we are going to honour those bookings.

We’re really sorry we can’t welcome you to the stadium.

Kind Regards"

Despite asking for clarification over their Members Only policy and whether all seats had been booked - nothing.

Pretty poor show considering 40,000 in Wembley is all ok. Looks like the live stream!

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Bad luck Mate,that's terrible.It really is getting nonsensical now.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:01 pm

Our tickets say............

THIS MATCH IS FULLY ALLOCATED,NO ADDITIONAL TICKETS AVAILABLE

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Badges wrote:Bad luck Mate,that's terrible.It really is getting nonsensical now.

Yes it actually makes you wonder why they have conveniently forgotten how vaccines were going to open up society.

It's even a hassle just to get tickets from the Oval. I just might give up on this season if this nonsense continues after July 19th.

I'd be interested in your feedback on numbers at the match. Thanks.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:04 pm

You may be somewhat consoled that the weather forecast is not great. It doesn't look like a washout, but Sunday and Monday look showery. Tuesday looks ok. Won't be there on Wednesday.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Jackers wrote:You may be somewhat consoled that the weather forecast is not great. It doesn't look like a washout, but Sunday and Monday look showery. Tuesday looks ok. Won't be there on Wednesday.

Looks showery now on all 4 days, but that changes quickly.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6