Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket

+11
John Hamilton
cowcorner
Badges
adelaide
Keith Powell
Alex!
Cee Gee
Coatesy
Chinaman
VicNorth
RB
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket

Post by dougieginn Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:59 am

I would have thought that travelling around the world chasing T20 franchises in continualy changing environments would be the far worse for your mental health than playing in the realative stable environment of the CC. I have great respect for his ability in red ball cricket and very disappointed that he has taken this decision

dougieginn

Badges, Keith Powell and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket

Post by Longshanks Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:54 am

The draft for major league cricket is soon and the league starts just after the Vitality T20 finishes. It will be interesting to see who goes.

Longshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm

Tom Curran takes “Indefinite Break” from Red Ball Cricket

???????????????

I thought he'd done that about 4 years ago.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:13 pm

If theres one cricketer in this world who needs a break, it most certainly isnt Tom Curran. Hes barely played for years. Even when picked by England his biggest exertion was carrying the drinks.

Tom needs to grow a pair, and Surrey need to tell him that. Hes 27 for goodness sake, not a young kid starting out in the game. Frankly if I were Stewie Id give him two options. First one is that he makes himself available for all Surrey games, and the other option being, is if he doesnt like option 1, then go and find another club.

These blooming players do not have a clue about real pressure or hard work. Pandering to them only makes them worse.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Jason, Badges, Keith Powell, Chinaman and Vauxhall like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhambrownhatter Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:51 pm

An interesting one - personally feel a little saddened by this; I really rated Tom and love the mentality he brings to a side. However the harsh truth is that Tom probably doesn’t now merit a place in our championship side - this was illustrated last season and brilliant though his 100 was it is his bowling that he would be selected for and there are now several others far ahead of him in the pecking order. Injuries aside it has felt like his career has stagnated for a while. He could potentially have targeted a test career but this seemed to be cast aside quickly in favour of short term white ball success. He appears to be following the Jason Roy career path - a shame but cricket now seems intent on producing players who earn a lot of cash scoring a few quick runs and take the odd wicket but won’t really go down as having made a lasting impression on the game.

Bhambrownhatter

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:20 pm

TC is out again with another back stress fracture. Apparently coming back to Surrey for rehabilitation. Mmm...early retirement more likely. I suppose he's made some money playing the hit and giggle but what a waste of what was such a promising career.

Chinaman

dougieginn, Badges and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:11 pm

Surreys new expression that means nothing, is, Tom and indeed Will Jacks will be out for “a period of time”!!!! What the hell does this mean? Half an hour is a period of time, as is ten years!!!! I would hope they could be a tad more helpful with their communication.

Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

dougieginn, Badges and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:Surreys new expression that means nothing, is Tom and indeed Will Jacks will be out for “a period of time”!!!! What the hell does this mean. Half an hour is a period of time, as is ten years!!!! I would hope they could be a tad more helpful with their communication.

I think Tom will be out possibly indefinitely, and Jacks, when fit, likely to be with England.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:35 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:Surreys new expression that means nothing, is Tom and indeed Will Jacks will be out for “a period of time”!!!! What the hell does this mean. Half an hour is a period of time, as is ten years!!!! I would hope they could be a tad more helpful with their communication.

The other extreme is when a player is described as "two weeks away from fitness" for months on end.

"At this moment in time" is a good one too. Where else would a moment be? Outwood Mill? And why not just say "Now"?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:04 pm

Hope they both can regain full fitness in as short a time as is possible and back playing for us.

dougieginn

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:35 pm

If you ask any player about fitness 99% will trot this one out.................I'm getting there.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2