Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kia Oval app

5 posters

Go down

New Kia Oval app Empty New Kia Oval app

Post by David W Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:55 pm

A new Kia Oval app has launched today.

It’s branded Kia Oval rather than Surrey and contains information about teams that are not Surrey but it seems pretty good.

It seems to be the same as the Lord’s app.

I think we can obtain and share guest tickets from the app which should be useful.
David W
David W

Back to top Go down

New Kia Oval app Empty Re: New Kia Oval app

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:53 pm

Yet another App to steal all your information. Personally I avoid most of them and block most ads and cookies on my devices. However, you can get physical vouchers sent to you on request. Why they didn't send them out with the members booklet God only knows.

Chinaman

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:29 pm

I requested my "physical" vouchers last night and had an email this morning to tell me they are in the post!

I did this not because i'm a doddery,senile old git (though i am) or because i'm too old to find my way around the internet,but because i prefer it.

Badges

guildfordbat and Chinaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:52 pm

Technology is only any good if it makes life easier: the 12 point plan on how to order vouchers on line or this rather pointless app actually does the opposite.

Chinaman

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David W Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:03 pm

Guest vouchers is one small aspect of the app.
It’s similar to the Lord’s app which seems to work ok - I bought a ticket on it last week - so it’s largely positive and not compulsory.
David W
David W

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:35 pm

David W wrote:Guest vouchers is one small aspect of the app.
It’s similar to the Lord’s app which seems to work ok - I bought a ticket on it last week - so it’s largely positive and not compulsory.

That's a key element for me, David. By all means, the Club can effect innovations which some may like but should not seek to impose them on all.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:18 pm

Essentially it appears to be a website shortcut, which is helpful albeit slightly pointless.

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:24 am

In case it's useful for anyone to know.................i got the vouchers this morning.Unlike the previous ones where you presented them at the gate and went in you now have to take them to the ticket office and exchange them for a ticket.

Badges

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:00 pm

Badges wrote:In case it's useful for anyone to know.................i got the vouchers this morning.Unlike the previous ones where you presented them at the gate and went in you now have to take them to the ticket office and exchange them for a ticket.

Thanks, Badges. That is helpful and useful to know although somewhat disappointing as it will delay such members and their guests getting into the ground. Clearly not as member friendly as the previous system.

guildfordbat

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:29 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Badges wrote:In case it's useful for anyone to know.................i got the vouchers this morning.Unlike the previous ones where you presented them at the gate and went in you now have to take them to the ticket office and exchange them for a ticket.

Thanks, Badges. That is helpful and useful to know although somewhat disappointing as it will delay such members and their guests getting into the ground. Clearly not as member friendly as the previous system.

Cor blimey, they don't half make things complicated

Chinaman

dougieginn, guildfordbat and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:26 pm

Just in case this helps anyone,i've only just noticed it.

The 12 vouchers they send all look exactly the same.A letter that comes with it tells you that you can use them at CC or 50 over games.

Presumably this means you can use all 12 for CC games or all 12 for 50 over games or any combination of both.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:11 am

Badges wrote:Just in case this helps anyone,i've only just noticed it.

The 12 vouchers they send all look exactly the same.A letter that comes with it tells you that you can use them at CC or 50 over games.

Presumably this means you can use all 12 for CC games or all 12 for 50 over games or any combination of both.

Yes you can, but Guildford is different I think. You probably have to wait and see if there are any places left after the pre booking ends.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:11 am

I've fallen out of love with Guildford and rarely go any more.Last time was for a seconds game against Durham.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down