Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oval Shop

2 posters

Go down

The Oval Shop Empty The Oval Shop

Post by Lonsdale Skinner Fan Club Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:09 pm

I don't like to moan just for the sake of it but what do Members think of the range of souvenirs on sale in the shop and
the price?
Some lower league Football and Cricket Clubs make a good percentage of there incomes from sale of such goods
the range in the shop to my mind is very poor, even when Surrey have won The Championship !! you would
think they would produce many different items ? but no.
They need to go and look at Football Super Stores and copy there goods with a Surrey Theme ?
they are missing out on some big income? even when Eric Budd ran the "Shoe Box Shop" there was more choice.

Lonsdale Skinner Fan Club

Back to top Go down

The Oval Shop Empty Re: The Oval Shop

Post by Chinaman Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:03 pm

Expensive, but then you pay through the nose at these outlets in most places. The range at Surrey is fairly limited. The last two Championship wins have not produced a decent polo shirt between them. I've still got the '99 and 2002 shirts which are excellent quality. The new shop is more like a boutique than an old style club shop. The trouble is they used to have a big book turnover, now you can get them for half price on Amazon or eBay. I wouldn't buy their even with 10% off.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down