Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members breakfast forum on Friday

+7
SimonH
RB
guildfordbat
PLG
Jackers
Keith Powell
Pieandapint
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Members breakfast forum on Friday Empty Members breakfast forum on Friday

Post by Pieandapint Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:36 pm

Has now been cancelled and will be rescheduled. Members of the general committee availability is the problem, so I guess a big cheese is not around.

Bit of a shame, after last times scramble to come up with a pastry I was hoping they had learned and the bacon and sausage rolls would make a re-appearance

Pieandapint

Back to top Go down

Members breakfast forum on Friday Empty Re: Members breakfast forum on Friday

Post by Keith Powell Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:46 pm

Pieandapint wrote:Has now been cancelled and will be rescheduled. Members of the general committee availability is the problem, so I guess a big cheese is not around.

Bit of a shame, after last times scramble to come up with a pastry I was hoping they had learned and the bacon and sausage rolls would make a re-appearance
Seems a very poor excuse to me.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:07 pm

Pieandapint wrote:Has now been cancelled and will be rescheduled. Members of the general committee availability is the problem, so I guess a big cheese is not around.

Don't hold your breath under Elworthy. Pennies are being pinched these days.
Jackers
Jackers

Greenlight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:54 am

Surrey is being faded out.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:01 am

STILL nothing that I have seen from the club to confirm that tomorrow's forum has been postponed. I have checked my emails and scoured the Surrey facebook comms. Nothing, nada, nilch.

Either someone has given out wrong information on the phone and it is still on, or there will be a lot of very annoyed people turning up at silly o'clock in the morning.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:11 am

Jackers wrote:STILL nothing that I have seen from the club to confirm that tomorrow's forum has been postponed. I have checked my emails and scoured the Surrey facebook comms. Nothing, nada, nilch.

Either someone has given out wrong information on the phone and it is still on, or there will be a lot of very annoyed people turning up at silly o'clock in the morning.
Received email confirming cancellation yesterday.
Also emailed committee member and he confirmed it to

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:51 pm

It was due to the unavailability of Alec Stewart who due to the complete “nicking” of his coaching staff (it isn’t only players we lose) for the 💯 he needed to be part of the pre game coaching warm up team . he would never delegate his responsibilities to members and would rather answer questions himself !  Sure it will be rescheduled .

PLG

SimonH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:17 pm

PLG wrote:It was due to the unavailability of Alec Stewart who due to the complete “nicking” of his coaching staff (it isn’t only players we lose) for the 💯 he needed to be part of the pre game coaching warm up team . he would never delegate his responsibilities to members and would rather answer questions himself !  Sure it will be rescheduled .

Wouldn't it have been better for the Club to to tell us that then rather than come up with some cock and bull story about the General Committee?

guildfordbat

Keith Powell likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Alec sits on the General Committee as an ex officio , reporting on cricket ,so it’s hardly cock and bull !!

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:30 pm

PLG wrote:Alec sits on the General Committee as an ex officio , reporting on cricket ,so it’s hardly cock and bull !!

According to your first post today, the forum meeting was called off because Alec had to coach and not because of a General Committe meeting which was originally given as the reason by the Club.

Accepting your first post, Alec being on the General Committee is irrelevant to the reason.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:40 pm

The e mail said due to unavailability of general committee member , which was Alec , he is an integral member of the GC and if he wasn’t available then yes that is very relevant , there wasn’t a meeting that morning - but the most important member of that GC wasn’t available - I am sure that listening to Alec is what most members turn up to listen to ?

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:03 pm

PLG wrote:The e mail said due to unavailability of general committee member , which was Alec , he is an integral member of the GC and if he wasn’t available then yes that is very relevant , there wasn’t a meeting that morning - but the most important member of that GC wasn’t available - I am sure that listening to Alec is what most members turn up to listen to ?

Agreed.

It does though seem badly lacking in openness and transparency not to have acknowledged and explained Alec's unavailability in the first place. I'll leave it at that.

guildfordbat

RB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:18 pm

When I contacted Surrey and was told it was postponed they told me it would be 2nd day of Warwickshire game. We will wait to see if that is confirmed or not.On the original date it was apparently mentioned having it at lunch time but there was a dining club lunch witch meant some members who had booked to go couldn't.

Keith Powell

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:52 pm

Had email from Surrey this evening members forum now on Monday 4th September 12-30pm Pakistan room JM Finn stand.

Keith Powell

guildfordbat and Erniep7070 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pieandapint Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:33 am

Interesting to see in the email the wording " with limited food available"-what is going on?

Pieandapint

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 pm

Pieandapint wrote:Interesting to see in the email the wording " with limited food available"-what is going on?

Doubt you'll get a pie.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:04 pm

Questionable distribution of wealth and resources. Oh, sorry...

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Pies have nothing to do with cricket. (Unless *insert name here* is bowling?)

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by RB Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:56 am

Is it worth rewording the title?

RB

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Powell Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:45 pm

Arrived for members forum still waiting to start far to many people for the size of the room we are in standing room only now.

Keith Powell

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Keith - Was anything interesting said?

SimonH

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:04 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Pieandapint wrote:Interesting to see in the email the wording " with limited food available"-what is going on?

Doubt you'll get a pie.

Times are hard!!!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:07 pm

Seems like nothing interesting was said.

VicNorth

SimonH and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:28 pm

VicNorth wrote:Seems like nothing interesting was said.

Hi Vic - sorry for delay in responding but you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. That's apart from Alec Stewart who was characteristically open, honest and informative (largely covered in the meantime on the Club site with a tad fom me today on the ''losing Smith'' thread). I don't know why both Eadon and Elworthy needed to speak. In the time of Thompson and Gould, one was more than capable.

Btw, very good and plentiful food supplied at the forum but too small a room and not enough tables. Given members had to book a place, this should have been foreseen. In line with my post on the other thread, Elworthy needs to get a grip.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:47 pm

I thought the entire forum was a shambles.
Surely they could have arranged for a larger room to be made available and also made use of a microphone.
I arrived outside the room at 12.35 and had to wait some time to gain entry entry which I and many others did just by walking in and standing at the back.
The food might have been plentiful for those who were seated early but there was only vegetarian stuff left for others and chaos to avoid people having to stand in the way.
I listened to both Eadon and Elworthy spouting on about the international schedules but gave up after some time as I wanted to get back to my seat to watch the match.
I expect Alec Stewart came out with his usual "management speak" but said very little which would appease many on this site regarding the position Surrey now find itself in.
If these forums continue then surely members should be allowed more than 40 minutes during a lunch interval to express their views and have a response from the powers that be.

kjb

dougieginn and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next