Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members breakfast forum on Friday

+7
SimonH
RB
guildfordbat
PLG
Jackers
Keith Powell
Pieandapint
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Members breakfast forum on Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Members breakfast forum on Friday

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:21 pm

Thanks for these updates. Had I been at Day 2 (or what turned out to be effectively the final day) of the match I would have been at the forum.

Credit where it is due if they made an effort with the food this time.

The sense that the meeting was crowded and they struggled to accommodate the numbers feeds into a wider point which I would have raised if no-one else there had done. I am sure I heard at the AGM in early 2022 that the club were sensibly proposing to cap the membership, which had then risen to over 15,000. At some point that decision must have changed, as we are now told membership is at over 19,000. Why was it changed, and who has been monitoring the impact of that on the experience members receive?

There is limited capacity in members' areas for those who want to attend resulting in a visibly more crowded pavillion (especially for T20); queues for teas/coffees (I waited half-an-hour at the start of the Kent 50-over game);  oversubscribed meetings with insufficient catering;  inability to meet demand to attend Guildford, etc, etc....

And given that it is now getting all of this extra revenue from thousands more people, why does our wealthy club need to increase subscriptions again, during a cost of living crisis?

Last edited by Jackers on Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Members breakfast forum on Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Members breakfast forum on Friday

Post by Badges Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:33 pm

I wonder what percentage of members have no interest in Surrey whatsoever but join to get early (and cheaper ?) access to england international tickets.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Badges.
Many people do that and only come to test matches or maybe the ODI.
When I ask people at the test if they come to watch Surrey they look blank or say they are not interested in County cricket.
Perhaps the cost of Surrey and England membership should be amended in some way.

kjb

Badges and Keith Powell like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:04 pm

Badges wrote:I wonder what percentage of members have no interest in Surrey whatsoever but join to get early (and cheaper ?) access to england international tickets.

The last survey suggested c40% ? There are also around 1800 who never step
In the ground for any form of cricket - just want to belong ( May have moved abroad etc )

With the increased subscriptions, one might suggest that the Club haven’t been immune to the cost of utility bills, cost of food, increases in staff wages ( to help them with the cost of living too) may be a bona fide reason for the increase of around £14 - still a better deal than a football season ticket 🤷‍� just a thought ?

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by PLG Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:09 pm

kjb wrote:Badges.
Many people do that and only come to test matches or maybe the ODI.
When I ask people at the test if they come to watch Surrey they look blank or say they are not interested in County cricket.
Perhaps the cost of Surrey and England membership should be amended in some way.

Or perhaps they are
Not Surrey members, bought independently, not all tickets are bought through members ?

PLG

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:24 pm

I should say (again) that i think the membership prices are an absolute steal. If you buy a full membership you are paying 260 quid for over a grand's  worth of tickets for CC,50 over and T20.More if you go to the "circus" I buy 2 every year.

My pound sign won't work any more on here,any tips appreciated!

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:05 pm

A few days ago you said you were packing it all in!

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:24 pm

VicNorth wrote:A few days ago you said you were packing it all in!

I may well do.That doesn't alter the fact that a membership to Surrey is a giveaway.I forgot to mention earlier that the guest tickets alone come to 240 sovs.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2