Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are these supposed squad players??!!

+2
Ali888
David Waghorn
6 posters

Go down

Where are these supposed squad players??!! Empty Where are these supposed squad players??!!

Post by David Waghorn Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:01 pm

I have just seen on the Surrey website that we are now down to eleven fit players named for tomorrow's one day game against Lancs. However when I then checked the supposed Surrey squad there are 4 players who in fact played in this competition last year and are now never mentioned. What has happened to Nico Reiffer, Nathan Barnwell, James Taylor & Nick Kimber? Why are these not playing and how has Luke Griffiths been included in front of them? James Taylor has played several first class games as has Reifer I believe so what on earth is happeneing at our Club. I know this ridiculous Hundred nonsense has basically destroyed cricket from August onwards but the club's website is lamentable in letting us know what our players are doing and why some of them are missing. May be someone has a very good explanation for this but we are obviously not going to qualify for the knock-out stages of this one-day cup, especially with the superb batting contributions of Burns, Sibley & Patel (NOT) !!!
By the way, if we get another injured player during the game tomorrow, is it worth a couple of schoolboys taking their whites down to the ground as they may well be asking for volunteer fielders from the crowd!!

David Waghorn

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where are these supposed squad players??!! Empty Re: Where are these supposed squad players??!!

Post by Ali888 Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:49 pm

Barnwell and Taylor are injured. I think that one of the others has been released.

Ali888

Back to top Go down

Where are these supposed squad players??!! Empty Re: Where are these supposed squad players??!!

Post by RB Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:37 pm

We went from “too many players” to “not enough players” in the space of about 2 weeks on here.

Honestly…

RB

SimonH and Cee Gee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:20 pm

An  imbecile could have told you that we'd be short of players in August.Personally,i'd say that for CC games we do indeed have too many.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:53 pm

Perhaps we could sign yet another overseas player who may then be able to claim like Theunis De Bruyn (2 games) and Aaron Hardie (1 game) that they played for Surrey when they won the championship.

Derek Pringle writes in this week's Cricket Paper that (so far) this season 85 overseas have signed for counties.Many of them for very short periods and many more who have proved worse than useless.If Roach or Abbott can't come back i'd leave it alone win,lose or draw.I'm sick of the magic roundabout.

Badges

VicNorth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhe10077 Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Aaron Hardie was highly thought in he’s short spell last season I wonder if he is available for the Remainder of the season.

Jhe10077

RightArmSlow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:55 pm

We could have used Charlie Thurston.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down