Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!!

5 posters

Go down

Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!! Empty Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!!

Post by David Waghorn Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:11 pm

At last I think I can hear everyone saying!! Our skipper is finally going to get a haircut and his flowing (but rather greasy looking) locks are to be removed. Not only is he finally doing this for a very good cause with the Little Princess Trust the beneficiary, I am also hoping it will change his batting fortunes for the final critical 2 games of the season!! Let's just hope he gives it a very thorough wash first!!!

David Waghorn

Jedrich likes this post

Back to top Go down

Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!! Empty Re: Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!!

Post by dougieginn Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:13 am

David Waghorn wrote:At last I think I can hear everyone saying!! Our skipper is finally going to get a haircut and his flowing (but rather greasy looking) locks are to be removed. Not only is he finally doing this for a very good cause with the Little Princess Trust the beneficiary, I am also hoping it will change his batting fortunes for the final critical 2 games of the season!! Let's just hope he gives it a very thorough wash first!!!
It must quiet a burden carrying that haircut around !

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!! Empty Re: Our Skipper - "Hair today, gone tomorrow"!!

Post by Jhe10077 Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:41 pm

May bring some good fortune to our Skipper. Be nice for him to make some big Runs against Northants especially with our Batting looking a bit depleted for that game.

Jhe10077

Back to top Go down

Post by offdrive4 Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:19 pm

A very British understatement Jhe, no Pope, Smith, Jacks, Curran is more than a bit depleted. That is four of our top seven in the batting line up and all would walk into the team. With Burns in poor form I am concerned that we may not get the runs we need against Northants. Mind you the early weather forecast is not good.

offdrive4

Back to top Go down

Post by David Waghorn Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:00 pm

offdrive4 wrote:A very British understatement Jhe, no Pope, Smith, Jacks, Curran is more than a bit depleted.  That is four of our top seven in the batting line up and all would walk into the team.  With Burns in poor form I am concerned that we may not get the runs we need against Northants.   Mind you the early weather forecast is not good.

For God's sake don't even think about looking at weather forecasts for a time period which is 11 days away!! I made the mistake of looking at long-range forecasts back around August 20th for the Warks game and they predicted rain. We ended up having probably the best weather of the summer whilst the latest round of matches has been on. Let's face it there is nothing we can do about it so wait till Sept 19th, open your curtains that morning and then you can start worrying! Even if we get bad weather, as long as Essex have the same we will keep our distance ahead.

David Waghorn

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:31 pm

David Waghorn wrote:
offdrive4 wrote:A very British understatement Jhe, no Pope, Smith, Jacks, Curran is more than a bit depleted.  That is four of our top seven in the batting line up and all would walk into the team.  With Burns in poor form I am concerned that we may not get the runs we need against Northants.   Mind you the early weather forecast is not good.

For God's sake don't even think about looking at weather forecasts for a time period which is 11 days away!! I made the mistake of looking at long-range forecasts back around August 20th for the Warks game and they predicted rain. We ended up having probably the best weather of the summer whilst the latest round of matches has been on. Let's face it there is nothing we can do about it so wait till Sept 19th, open your curtains that morning and then you can start worrying! Even if we get bad weather, as long as Essex have the same we will keep our distance ahead.

Well said.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhe10077 Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:40 pm

The English selection decided not to call up Jamie Overton or Sam Cook because it clashed with the Run in to the County Championship. No mention of Smith,Jacks.or Atkinson.

Jhe10077

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down