Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training"

+6
Sir Winston Churchill
VicNorth
Jackers
Ali888
Ray AFCW
Chinaman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training" Empty "All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training"

Post by Chinaman Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:48 pm

Yes really. Wokery is now infecting every part of society, including the great game, hot of the press tonight.
I suppose you don't play if you refuse or get docked points? Diversity - does exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to do.
Oh for the Revolution, sooner rather than later I think if this bullshit continues.

Chinaman

dougieginn, Sir Winston Churchill, Vauxhall, David Waghorn, Andy1210 and Slipstream like this post

Back to top Go down

"All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training" Empty Re: "All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training"

Post by Ray AFCW Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Is Ashley Banjo the course trainer?

Ray AFCW

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

"All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training" Empty Re: "All Professional Cricketers Will Be Required To Do Diversity Training"

Post by Ali888 Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:32 am

It’s common for companies to give diversity training. I don’t see it as woke, rather as something that helps people understand why behaving in a certain way can upset others.

Ali888

cicero, Howzat, adelaide and Pink Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:53 am

It's about priorities. We keep getting told that there is no time to schedule more proper cricket in the calendar now. Yet there is apparently time for players to attend these courses.

Remembering how the South Africans introduced a quota of non-white cricketers that had to be selected in their team, I wonder whether the ECB are thinking about taking this further? Every team must include at least one gender-fluid person; at least one gay; four ethnic minority players;  at least one with a physical disability and one person of each recognised faith and one atheist.  If they can't play cricket that doesn't matter; such a policy probably wouldn't weaken the aptly-named Middlesex!

Last edited by Jackers on Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn, Badges, Chinaman, Sir Winston Churchill, Vauxhall and Slipstream like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:42 am

No doubt it won't be long before County Members will have to sign a "Diversity Code" or such like, before you can renew your Membership.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:28 pm

All professional cricketers will be required to have attended state schools. That would sort it.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:27 pm

I think we should appoint Ebony Rainford-Brent as our manager with her ACE team acting as coaches. One of them could even take Stewies job.
I think Ive got all the boxes ticked here!!
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 am

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:I think we should appoint Ebony Rainford-Brent as our manager with her ACE team acting as coaches. One of them could even take Stewies job.

All you'll need then is a rapper on the PA system.

guildfordbat

Badges and Sir Winston Churchill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:23 am

I would take a wild guess that diversity training would take place in the off season so your concern about the crowded fixture list is probably misplaced, Jackers.

There was a novel called Middlesex a few years ago which would have caused any MCCC members to choke on their cheese sarnie (prawn sarnie if also a MCC member).

I suspect this thread will continue to descend into the wider sort of nonsense that was supposed to have been placed in its own rarely visited ghetto so I will refrain from commenting further.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:35 am

adelaide wrote:I would take a wild guess that diversity training would take place in the off season so your concern about the crowded fixture list is probably misplaced, Jackers.

There was a novel called Middlesex a few years ago which would have caused any MCCC members to choke on their cheese sarnie (prawn sarnie if also a MCC member).

I suspect this thread will continue to descend into the wider sort of nonsense that was supposed to have been placed in its own rarely visited ghetto so I will refrain from commenting further.

Good luck getting the likes of Ben Stokes, Jason Roy, Tom Curran and too many others to name to recognise that there is any such thing as an "off season" now!
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:47 pm

A couple of those might need booking in for humility training first.

VicNorth

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:42 pm

True, Jackers but they have plenty of time to do the course while being rested during the on season! Or injured.Q

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:15 pm

Frankly if I had 364 days a year spare I would not attend a diversity course.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Badges, Vauxhall and Slipstream like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:37 pm

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:Frankly if I had 364 days a year spare I would not attend a diversity course.

We know.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:37 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Sir Winston Churchill wrote:I think we should appoint Ebony Rainford-Brent as our manager with her ACE team acting as coaches. One of them could even take Stewies job.

All you'll need then is a rapper on the PA system.

We might as well have one.

VicNorth

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vauxhall Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:48 pm

Ah the good old ACE programme. Where white people aren’t allowed.

Wonder what the reaction would be to a similar initiative for white footballers seeing as they’re so underrepresented in the Premier League?

Vauxhall

Jackers, Badges, Sir Winston Churchill and Slipstream like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:23 am

Vauxhall wrote:

Wonder what the reaction would be to a similar initiative for white footballers seeing as they’re so underrepresented in the Premier League?

My very same comment that had Surreys Twitter admin ban me from Surrey ccc twitter. Says quite a lot about what we are allowed to observe but not speak about!
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedmore Wanderer Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:34 am

I’m fat and old and admit I’d never be able to replicate their BGT dance routines.

Wedmore Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:46 am

Sir Winston Churchill wrote:
Vauxhall wrote:

My very same comment that had Surreys Twitter admin ban me from Surrey ccc twitter. Says quite a lot about what we are allowed to observe but not speak about!

Have you not noticed that most Premiership teams are packed with players from across the world? So a comparison with the UK population proportions is next to useless.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:46 am

I don't know why they can't just call it Division One.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:10 am

The problem is you can't logically argue with wokeists, because they will not listen to reasoned argument or facts. They simply shout you down, or accuse you of being racist, transphobic, or remove you from Twitter, Facebook etc , not a bad thing actually. Maybe the tide is turning, perhaps Jason Roy and co. might tell the ECB where to stick this nonsense.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:55 pm

You have, as I expected, drifted a long way from cricket. Why is this las post not on the bespoke thread you set up? Is nobody taking enough notice of it?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:00 pm

Your suggestion that Chinaman has strayed a long way from cricket is somewhat ironic, Adelaide. The very point of this thread is to highlight that this is what the ECB are doing here.
Jackers
Jackers

Chinaman and Sir Winston Churchill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:13 pm

That was the original point of the thread, Jackers, which was fair enough, whatever your view on it. But it just seems to have turned into an excuse to import same old same old from its own thread.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:42 pm

adelaide wrote:You have, as I expected, drifted a long way from cricket. Why is this las post not on the bespoke thread you set up? Is nobody taking enough notice of it?

No not all. By "bespoke thread" I presume me you mean the Anything But Cricket thread. This is all about cricket and the infestation of the woke nonsense that is happening to it. Someone once said cricket reflects society - well looks like they were right.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next