Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

+11
Jackers
Sir Winston Churchill
Alex!
guildfordbat
John Hamilton
Badges
Chinaman
adelaide
kjb
Peter.M.Gardens
Benmug
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!! Empty Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:02 pm

Going on to the Surrey news page is tedious in the extreme . Every bloody week we are supporting some cause or another.

For gods sake Surrey we are a ruddy cricket club, not a bloody charity. I wish those in charge would concentrate solely on professional cricket (men’s preferably).

I’ve said before we should have separate websites for things such as womens/girls cricket and also other charity or whatever else we are supporting. Please just give us a cricket website. Cricket is a sport/pastime that should be an escape from day to day misery and wokeness.

Oh and whilst I’m on full moan, I also think the main website should not mention a peep about the 100. Again it’s nothing to do with Surrey CCC.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

SimonH and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!! Empty Re: Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

Post by Benmug Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:35 pm

Was getting a little worried there that the word woke wasn’t going to pop up

Benmug

offdrive4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!! Empty Re: Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

Post by Badges Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:43 pm

Well said SWC.

Badges

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:30 am

Interesting the websites first 3 stories are about the Ladies team and then the next story is some forum about inclusion for women in the sport. Bit ironic. Maybe on International Women's Day they thought they'd flood the website with stories on ladies cricket, sadly I think not. I've seen quite a few clips on social media about players returning to training on social media, bowling in the big greenhouse on the pitch etc... Haven't seen a story on the actual site. Might be nice to have a few articles on the mens players. If it was a football clubs website you'd have dozens of pictures and clips a day on pre-season training. You'd all be speculating who has cone back fittest and who looks the least fit, who is/isn't at training etc are their any injuries/niggles
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

SimonH and Sir Winston Churchill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:50 pm

Today...........................

Ramadan Kareem from all of us at Surrey Cricket 🌙

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:13 pm

Some woke idiot blocked me from Surrey twitter last season when I complained about too many women posts. Probably did me a favour that I now can’t read the day to wokeness post of the day!!! God knows how much we must waste on this nonsense.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Excellent, a really good thing to do for all the unpaid carers. Certainly not a woke iniative!

Chinaman

SimonH, Sir Winston Churchill and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:31 pm

Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

NO

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Badges wrote:Is there a cause left that Surrey don’t support?!!!

NO

Don't know. But I really hope you don't have a problem with helping carers.

Chinaman

Jason likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 pm

Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:51 pm

Oh Dear.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by kjb Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

You've scrubbed up quite well, WC

kjb

Badges, Sir Winston Churchill and adelaide like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:07 pm

That must be a first, with SWC, Badges and me liking the same post!

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:30 pm

Today we have a Happy Easter message from the club.Why don't they forget this goodwill/good cause  stuff for a few days and concentrate their efforts on sending out our membership cards,guest passes and yearbook.................................

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:07 pm

A long long time ago (the past is another country) Warren Mitchell was invited on the pitch at half time at White Hart Lane during a Boxing Day match and he wished "a happy Christmas to all the goyim". Warren Mitchell was a Spurs man, despite his most famous character following the claret and blue.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 am

Most of this stuff is now called "virtue signalling" . For reasons known to them it seems everybody from TFL, Local Government, Bud Light, Costa Coffee, and even cricket clubs to name but a view feels they have to get involved with every bit of wokery that can. To be frank what's it got to do with TFL whether people eat hot dogs or indeed sports clubs getting involved with Political issues? Someone said recently "go woke go broke". Maybe organisations should pay heed.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:30 am

Given the level o competence suggested earlier in the thread, are you sure the club was not wishing you a nice meal at the Happy Eater?

Interestingly, organisations are often called woke if they ignore Christian holidays. "Happy Easter" is a fairly recent addition (always seemed solemn to me but then again, the resurrection must be the "happy" bit). Businesses have been wishing us a Merry Christmas for decades, in the interest of selling you something admittedly, though piped Christmas carols usually persuade me to leave more quickly.

I suspect that organisations that refuse to change are more likely to go broke than those that go woke!

Putting out the message probably took sixty seconds of someone's time. I doubt that sixty seconds would make a lot of difference to the sending out of membership cards!

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:36 pm

Businesses want to sell their products. Perhaps TFL should be more concerned with violence on the tube than virtual signalling on what people should or shouldn't eat! Don't mind people not celebrating Easter, but Iceland have removed the cross from the hot cross bun and put on tick in it. Dear me. Enjoy your Easter eggs, oh sorry Gesture Eggs.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:33 pm

I bet they sold more buns as a result of the publicity. Did they still sell them as "hot cross buns" despite lacking a cross? But then again, they're not "hot" either.

Did I imagine things when I (thought I) saw marmite-flavoured hot cross buns?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:56 pm

I don't mind anyone wishing me a "Happy Easter". As a christian, I welcome it. The "wokeness" comes in when organisations or public bodies feel obliged to give equal or in many cases greater prominence to other faiths. For example, Sadiq Khan doing his best to validate Lee Anderson's controversial accusation about him by lighting up central London with 30,000 Ramadan lights for a month; councils flying all sorts of weird and wonderful national and cultural flags but somehow forgetting St George's Day.

Adelaide is right to point out that to send out that brief greeting would have taken no more than 60 seconds of someone's time. The trouble is, the sheer volume of guff that is churned out across the year about "Black History Month" "Proud Surrey", wishing the groundsman's cat a happy birthday etc etc does add up, and it's reasonable to question priorities when the club can't then get membership cards out on time.
Jackers
Jackers

Chinaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinaman Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:52 pm

adelaide wrote:I bet they sold more buns as a result of the publicity. Did they still sell them as "hot cross buns" despite lacking a cross? But then again, they're not "hot" either.

Did I imagine things when I (thought I) saw marmite-flavoured hot cross buns?

Well according to a news piece their customers didn't like it. But your missing the point: it's a Christian festival and shouldn't have pander to wokery. You should eat them hot with butter of course, preferably from the Coop, but marmite is better with peanut butter, or some say Brussels Sprouts.

Chinaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Badges Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:06 pm

Tata Consumer Products, the food and beverages arm of India’s largest conglomerate Tata, has signed a two-year agreement to be the Official Tea Advertising Partner of The Kia Oval, home to Surrey County Cricket Club.

Badges

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:58 pm

The first sentence of second paragraph of the press release:

"Matching the vibrancy and diversity of the Club..."

Its bloody tea, yet the first thing these woke idiots (for thats exactly what they are) can think of is that Tata match our diversity. Are they saying if Tata were not as diverse as Surrey CCC we would not have accepted their sponsorship?

This club is going to the wall. No membership card, but we have a pin sharp diversity team. As a matter of principle I shall make sure I never drink Tata tea.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

guildfordbat and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next