Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything But Cricket

+9
Sir Winston Churchill
War On Woke
SimonH
Alex!
VicNorth
Wedmore Wanderer
adelaide
Chinaman
Jackers
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anything But Cricket - Page 3 Empty Re: Anything But Cricket

Post by Jackers Sat May 04, 2024 10:37 pm

An independent candidate standing on a pro-palestine platform stood in the West Midlands mayoral election against a Labour candidate and  - taking 70,000 (11%) votes - very nearly cost him the wafer-thin 1,500-vote win he achieved.

Inner-city politics is becoming increasingly secteraian, and the absence of any such candidate standing against Khan in London exposes where his loyalties lie.

Last edited by Jackers on Sun May 05, 2024 10:12 am; edited 5 times in total
Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sat May 04, 2024 11:04 pm

VicNorth wrote:There are out and out racists on this board.

Not racists, careful on your choice of words. Mr Khan is very anti white though. But of course you can't be racist against white people.
According to the wokeists anyway.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat May 04, 2024 11:55 pm

War On Woke wrote:

Not racists, careful on your choice of words. Mr Khan is very anti white though. But of course you can't be racist against white people.

As you have effectively accused Khan of being racist, perhaps you should take your own advice on being careful with your choice of words.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sun May 05, 2024 12:03 am

I love the way people who dont live anywhere near London bandy around the racist label just because some of us have the very most genuine heart felt concerns about the London that we live in. Indeed of course that argument is easily expanded to other cities in the UK.

In twenty years time this place may be unrecognisable (as it already is compared to twenty years past). Yet there will still be the ignorant calling us racists. They will die shouting racist, whilst Rome burns.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Jackers and War On Woke like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 12:37 am

adelaide wrote:
War On Woke wrote:

As you have effectively accused Khan of being racist, perhaps you should take your own advice on being careful with your choice of words.

You need to understand what you are accusing people of before playing the racist card.
Oh dear.
Not a very nice man.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 8:15 am

London has a population of nearly 10 million. Khan got just over 1 million votes.
Very "popular" isn't he.
Even many Muslims couldn't be bothered.
Shame.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun May 05, 2024 10:26 am

War On Woke wrote:London has a population of nearly 10 million. Khan got just over 1 million votes.
Very "popular" isn't he.
Even many Muslims couldn't be bothered.
Shame.

Not sure if you have any time for facts but here goes.

The votes gained by winning candidates in the last few elections for London Mayor were as follows.

2008 - Johnson - 1,043,761 (turnout 45%)
2012 - Johnson - 971,931 (turnout 38%)
2016 - Khan - 1,148,716 (turnout 45%)
2021 - Khan - 1,013,721 (turnout 42%)
2024 - Khan - 1,088,225 (turnout 40%)

The system changed to first-past-the-post in 2024. The figures above for earlier elections only count first preference votes.

By comparison, the turnout in the West Midlands Mayoral election was even lower at 30%. All local elections see low turnouts (they always have done) - unfortunate but you can't force people to vote.

The London electorate is just over 6 million, not 10 million.

All, in all, Khan's "popularity", as judged from the numbers, seems pretty similar to that of Johnson.

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 05, 2024 10:54 am

No card being played. Just stating fact.

"Even many Muslims couldn't be bothered."

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 05, 2024 10:57 am

There are out and out racists on this board. I do not need to be careful at all. I shall call racism out for what it is.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Vauxhall Sun May 05, 2024 11:29 am

VicNorth wrote:There are out and out racists on this board. I do not need to be careful at all. I shall call racism out for what it is.

Sadiq Khan has a history of anti white racism. Are you going to call that out too?

Here’s one example:

https://x.com/mayoroflondon/status/1370676820975161345?s=61

“There's no good reason why 65% of people working in science and engineering should be white men. Inequality costs people's futures & the economy billions.

We’re working on fixing it. So far we've helped 10,000 young Londoners learn these subjects so they can follow their dreams.”

Vauxhall

Sir Winston Churchill and War On Woke like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 11:35 am

So Khan got just under 20% of the vote.
Pretty rank really.
Just like him.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun May 05, 2024 12:09 pm

War On Woke wrote:So Khan got just under 20% of the vote.
Pretty rank really.
Just like him.

No, he got 20 per cent of those eligible to vote. 60% of those didn't vote at all, so if you do the maths he got about 50% of the vote.

Much the same could be said of Johnson's victories. Parker in West Midlands must have got less then 15% of those eligible to vote. You choose to make a big deal of it for a Muslim mayor even though it applies equally to "regular" candidates (to borrow SWC's terminology).

adelaide

dougieginn and VicNorth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 12:25 pm

You know I don't really care how many wokeists voted for him really.
The man is dispicable.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 05, 2024 12:42 pm

Vauxhall wrote:
VicNorth wrote:There are out and out racists on this board. I do not need to be careful at all. I shall call racism out for what it is.

Sadiq Khan has a history of anti white racism. Are you going to call that out too?

Here’s one example:

“There's no good reason why 65% of people working in science and engineering should be white men. Inequality costs people's futures & the economy billions.

We’re working on fixing it. So far we've helped 10,000 young Londoners learn these subjects so they can follow their dreams.”

That is a very poor example, given that it is not racist.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun May 05, 2024 1:15 pm

War On Woke wrote:You know I don't really care how many wokeists voted for him really.
The man is dispicable.

So why did you post about how few votes he'd got?

Twice.

adelaide

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 2:10 pm

The whole thing was manipulated, so the amount of dodgy votes is irrelevant.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by Vauxhall Sun May 05, 2024 4:13 pm

VicNorth wrote:
Vauxhall wrote:

Here’s one example:

That is a very poor example, given that it is not racist.

Complaining there’s too many of a certain race isn’t racist?

So if a Tory politician said “there’s no good reason why 65% of footballers should be black men” you’d be fine with that and it wouldn’t be racist?

Is saying that white people “don’t represent real Londoners” racist?

Vauxhall

War On Woke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sun May 05, 2024 5:03 pm

War On Woke wrote:The whole thing was manipulated, so the amount of dodgy votes is irrelevant.

Evidence?

But you don't do facts and evidence if they get in the way of your preconceptions, do you?

adelaide

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sun May 05, 2024 6:13 pm

Let's stop this "racist" stuff. It's always the fall back position for the wokeist in most arguments and its not very pleasant. Most people don't even understand what it means.
I'm just a Mr Average UK with a Mrs Average UK who has woken up and is thoroughly pissed off with the infestation of woke nonsense that we are all expected to follow, virtue signalling, minority rights overiding majority needs, a political system that belongs in the 19th century, politicians who are unfit to sweep the roads and no ****king leadership anywhere to be found. It perpetuates through society from cricket clubs to major institutions.
Statistics? Who cares? Open your eyes and look around.
Do you like what you see?
The country is going down the toilet.
I hope it's not too late to save it.
Anyone out there?
Enjoy the Bank Holiday
Signing off...

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 am

War On Woke wrote:The whole thing was manipulated, so the amount of dodgy votes is irrelevant.

And quite how was the vote manipulated?

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Mon May 06, 2024 11:14 am

dougieginn wrote:

Come on, Dougie! The vote didn't give the result they wanted so it must have been manipulated. Spirit of the Donald.

Taking a step back, if I were a Muslim or someone else who some might consider not to be a "regular" Londoner and I stumbled across the last few days' posts on this thread, would I think "Yes, I will feel very welcome as a Surrey member" or would I run a mile?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Mon May 06, 2024 12:09 pm

adelaide wrote:
dougieginn wrote:

Come on, Dougie! The vote didn't give the result they wanted so it must have been manipulated. Spirit of the Donald.

Taking a step back, if I were a Muslim or someone else who some might consider not to be a "regular" Londoner and I stumbled across the last few days' posts on this thread, would I think "Yes, I will feel very welcome as a Surrey member" or would I run a mile?

This my last post on here.
Some people must walk around with their eyes shut.
Without the Muslim vote Khan would be out on his ear.
Surely that is obvious regardless if your woke or anti woke.
It's a bloody tragedy for London.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Mon May 06, 2024 12:27 pm

I suggest that you contact The Electoral Commission if you have any evidence of “manipulation “!

dougieginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Mon May 06, 2024 1:57 pm

Aren't many "muslims" being told to boycott Labour. Or is it perhaps one faction of very vocal mentals who welcome Andrew Tate under their wing and think it's year 1493, and have the misogyny of that time to prove it. Muslims can't be lumped together as one homogenous group with all the same opinions and beliefs.
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

dougieginn, adelaide and VicNorth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Mon May 06, 2024 4:12 pm

The last point is evidently true, Peter, but at the same time there is clear evidence that organised sectarian politics is now a real thing. Muslim communities are now being effectively rallied around candidates who are standing on a pro-islam platform, which is at the moment being projected on the situation in the middle-east.That is why single-issue rabble-rouser George Galloway is boasting that he is going to be fielding over 250 candidates at the next election (though quite why Monty Panesar is flying under his banner only he will know). The Rochdale by-election and weekend local elections showed how much this will eat into Labour's vote. It may explain why Sir Karma (Chameleon) Starmer is now conspiciously reinventing his stance on the Middle East (see his comments today!) in the same way that he has appeared to have had a damascene conversion after trying to sabotage Brexit for three years, to convince the Red Wall he can be safely trusted as Prime Minister.

In London, you cannot excape the significance that no such candidate was put up against Sadiq Khan, which would have signifiantly impacted on his vote as it did the Labour mayoral candidate who squeaked home in the West Midlands. Why was this? Well, we have all seen the two-tier policing which has gone on in London in recent months, the "blind eye" being turned to hateful chants, banners and threatening behaviour on the marches, the projection of 'that' slogan on Big Ben with impunity. We also saw Khan switch on Ramadan lights which were displayed right across central London, which over Easter many Christians will have found inappropriate and offensive.
Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill, Vauxhall and War On Woke like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next