Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything But Cricket

+8
War On Woke
SimonH
Alex!
VicNorth
Wedmore Wanderer
adelaide
Chinaman
Jackers
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anything But Cricket - Page 2 Empty Re: Anything But Cricket

Post by Alex! Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:31 am

Guess it's anything but cricket, but broke my finger yesterday evening in the nets. Frustrating doesn't even cut it so close to the season

Turned up at A&E at 20:30. Get an x-ray in less than half an hour. Sit around waiting for a further consultation before being told around midnight I should have been sent somewhere else. Go there, get told it's a 5 hour wait time, so said sod that, go home and come back in the morning. Turn up now, going through the whole thing again and waiting for a consultant.

Obviously I am well below the pecking order for a very purple pinky finger, but being in the hospital just gave a bit of a reality dose as to how dire healthcare services are, and to how much I bloody hate the hospital

Alex!

dougieginn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 am

My sympathies. In my playing days, we had nets firstly at Alf Gover's Cricket School and in later years at Lord's. I managed to negotiate them without any injuries but the date of Sunday 22 April 1990 is engrained on my memory. I sustained a dislocated kneecap keeping goal five minutes before the end of the last game of our season. In those days the A&E service was much better, though because it was the day of the London Marathon it still took a while to be seen. The worst thing was that it wiped out my entire cricket-playing season, and while I was stuck at home in plaster for 6 weeks I missed watching Surrey in glorious spring weather (eg that game v Lancashire where both teams nearly scored 1000 in the first innings!). There was a silver lining, though: in those days working from home wasn't an option, and by early June I was as desperate to be back in the office as my boss was to have me back. So for the first couple of weeks or so (until I could use public transport) he arranged for taxis to pick me up from home at 8am and take me to my office at Westminster, then take me back again after work....in perfect time to watch the early-evening Italia 90 world-cup matches!

On the wider issue, the Health Service is indeed in a dire state and while the symptoms are poor management and insufficient money, the root cause is the same as that which impacts the shortage of housing, overcrowded public transport, shortage of school and nursery places, overcrowded roads and pretty much everything else in this country: chronic and ever-increasing overpopulation.

I hope it mends quickly, which I'm sure it will (the finger, I mean!).

Last edited by Jackers on Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 am

Cheers. 6-8 weeks or so is what they say, although they did say the fact I've pretty good movement with it, so if lucky can be on the shorter end of things. Think I've learned now to just go to A&E in the mornings where they are also a lot more cheerful/helpful; some of the stuff you see on an evening is pretty brutal. Being left handed also a minor consolation.

Anything But Cricket - Page 2 YZmhsV6

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 am

If you'd been a gay Muslim and you'd arrived in a small boat, you'd have walked straight to the front of the queue. Two-tier (often spelt teir) healthcare system.

Last edited by VicNorth on Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am

VicNorth wrote:If you'd been a gay Muslim and you'd arrived in a small boat, you'd have walked straight to the front of the queue. Two tier (often spelt teir) healthcare system.

And if you vote Sadiq Khan back in on 2nd May he'll sack all the police and bring in Sharia Law.
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sat May 04, 2024 5:59 am

By all accounts the gap is narrowing and Susan Hall is catching up with the nasty little worm. The fight back has started.

War On Woke

Sir Winston Churchill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 am

Seriously the options for London Mayor are abysmal. Surely the Tories could have come up with someone a little more clued up. Anyone credible would beat Khan hands down with the way ULEZ came in. Why isn't there a decent Lib Dem or independent option either? Feels like no one can be bothered to stand.

Count Binface seems less and less absurd as the years go by, by the election he'll probably be the mainstream.
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat May 04, 2024 11:28 am

I'm not sure that Khan vs Hall is any worse than Johnson vs Corbyn was. If you let the members choose you get candidates that the party members like but the bulk of the population likes a lot less, so they end up with an abysmal choice to make. Party democracy seems to screw up democracy for the population!

Do we really need "nasty little worm" by the way?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 04, 2024 11:56 am

Genuinely voted for Binface - croissant prices are ridiculous and miss Ceefax

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sat May 04, 2024 12:57 pm

Khan exists only because  of the Muslim vote.
"Nasty little worm" is putting it mildly.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat May 04, 2024 2:02 pm

People underestimate the danger to London that is Khan. He has made it a hell hole. And he wants more of the same. Giving planning permission to turn the trocadero in to a mosque was sacrilegious.
Susan Hall whilst not perfect is a much, much better option for us “regular” Londoners.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

War On Woke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat May 04, 2024 2:10 pm

"Regular" meaning what, SWC?

adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Sat May 04, 2024 4:55 pm

At a guess, people who think it's a disgrace that the Met is going easy on the pro-terrorist demos going on in London most Saturdays.

SimonH

Sir Winston Churchill and War On Woke like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sat May 04, 2024 5:37 pm

So the evil weasel gets back in on the Muslim/Gaza ticket. Pity the opposition was so rank.
Recepe for London disaster. There will be uprising on the streets.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 pm

The fact that the George Galloway mob didn't put up a candidate as they did to great effect in other inner-city areas with a high muslim population tells you all you need to know about where they think Khan's priorities and instincts lie.
Jackers
Jackers

Sir Winston Churchill and War On Woke like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 04, 2024 6:13 pm

"We're not far-right, we just continually say far-right things." 🤣

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Sat May 04, 2024 6:58 pm

As someone else said, and I agree with, "People should realise it's better to risk being called bigots by leftist elites than to quietly accept what is happening to Western countries".

SimonH

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonH Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Jackers wrote:The fact that the George Galloway mob didn't put up a candidate as they did to great effect in other inner-city areas with a high muslim population tells you all you need to know about where they think Khan's priorities and instincts lie.

I thought the same, but to be fair to "Gorgeous" George, he doesn't like the Lab/Con/LibDem "genocider" candidates ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzlYyfkqDVs

SimonH

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 04, 2024 7:01 pm

Crikey! I'm part of an elite!

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm

Sadiq Khan is the only Labour politician I would have voted for. He can probably thank Lee Anderson.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 04, 2024 7:09 pm

SimonH wrote:
Jackers wrote:The fact that the George Galloway mob didn't put up a candidate as they did to great effect in other inner-city areas with a high muslim population tells you all you need to know about where they think Khan's priorities and instincts lie.

I thought the same, but to be fair to "Gorgeous" George, he doesn't like the Lab/Con/LibDem "genocider" candidates ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzlYyfkqDVs

Lots of London Muslims will have refrained from voting for Khan for this very reason.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat May 04, 2024 7:21 pm

By "regular" Londoner I mean non-woke or non-extreme Islamists, of which between them we have way too few in London. WAY too few.

Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill on Sat May 04, 2024 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by War On Woke Sat May 04, 2024 7:22 pm

This result was likely manipulated at best and fixed at worst. This creep has stitched everyone up.
Let the revolution begin.

War On Woke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat May 04, 2024 7:25 pm

I look forward to seeing the amount of postal votes from a certain denomination. Would be fascinating if they were to give us a break down.

Also heard on Talk radio last night from a caller who claimed non British people were turning up at some voting stations with no ID , who were never the less given a voting slip (or three as it was). Clearly these people would be Khan voters.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

War On Woke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by adelaide Sat May 04, 2024 9:55 pm

An awful lot of masks slipping on here this evening and quite a bit of stuff which sounds like Trump's acolytes at the end of 2020 claiming (quite likely on the equivalent of talk Radio) that they had incontrovertible kraken-level proof of the election being fixed, absolutely none of which has stood up. That led to January 6th ("let the revolution begin"). If we don't respect democratic results,
we are on the way to totalitarianism.

It seems that you have to agree with SWC in order for him to consider you a "regular Londoner". But he says there are not enough of them, in which case maybe they are not really regular after all.

On George Galloway, I just looked on his party's website and they had about 40 candidates in total across England. They simply haven't got the resources to stand other than very locally, thank goodness. It's a lot easier to target a by-election, or a handful of wards in one council area than it is to go regionwide.

adelaide

Andy1210 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next