Come On The 'Rey! - Surrey Cricket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey v Worcestershire - County Championship

+19
Keith Powell
Sir Winston Churchill
John Hamilton
Peter.M.Gardens
offdrive4
VicNorth
Vauxhall
gjones31
SimonH
RB
dougieginn
Admin
David Waghorn
guildfordbat
Howzat
Alex!
Coatesy
adelaide
Jackers
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Surrey v Worcestershire - County Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: Surrey v Worcestershire - County Championship

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 11:21 am

I think l, reading the regs, that it is because we were taken off outside the regular hours of play -ie after 6pm.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

SimonH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Surrey v Worcestershire - County Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: Surrey v Worcestershire - County Championship

Post by Alex! Sat May 18, 2024 11:32 am

Outstanding from Worrall

That is how you clean up a tail

Alex!

dougieginn, SimonH and KeninWestWickham like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 11:34 am

Ridiculously good in this game.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 18, 2024 11:38 am

VauxhallRey wrote:I think l, reading the regs, that it is because we were taken off outside the regular hours of play -ie after 6pm.

The CC would benefit from greater clarity in its regulations.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 11:42 am

I agree. Plus why should we be diddled out of overs just because of a slow over rate?
Not that it is going to make any difference to this game.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat May 18, 2024 2:39 pm

Is Ollie Pope's test place in jeopardy? If you were picking on form it would be.... the weakness of central contracts.

Crawley is doing no better, but his winter form was more consistent than Ollie's.
Jackers
Jackers

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter.M.Gardens Sat May 18, 2024 3:45 pm

Jackers wrote:Is Ollie Pope's test place in jeopardy? If you were picking on form it would be.... the weakness of central contracts.

Crawley is doing no better, but his winter form was more consistent than Ollie's.

From Dan Lawrence maybe? No
Peter.M.Gardens
Peter.M.Gardens

Back to top Go down

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Jamie Smith, more like.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

KeninWestWickham and VicNorth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by John Hamilton Sat May 18, 2024 4:53 pm

This Aussie commentator is excruciating...it's like a whirring motor-absolutely non-stop. He talks about anything other than the game in front of him.

John Hamilton

Badges and Sir Winston Churchill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 18, 2024 4:59 pm

I'd like to thank Warwickshire for sticking the knife in at Chelmsford

Alex!

RB and VauxhallRey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

Kind of bullying them now tbh

I like it

Alex!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat May 18, 2024 6:01 pm

Alex! wrote:I'd like to thank Warwickshire for sticking the knife in at Chelmsford

Some knife! Why the hell have they not enforced the follow-on? Absolutely crazy.
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn and Badges like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 6:04 pm

Frightened of facing Harmer batting last, I suspect.

Given that they are 15/3, may be regretting it.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sat May 18, 2024 6:24 pm

DAN NORCROSS ... SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP. I DONT CARE ONE SHIT ABOUT WHAT BREAKFAST YOU EAT. HE IS DOING MY BLOODY HEAD IN.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Badges likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sat May 18, 2024 6:35 pm

Bat until lunch. Five sessions is twice as many as we'll need to get them out. At least give us the chance of a full day tomorrow.
Jackers
Jackers

dougieginn, RB, KeninWestWickham and VauxhallRey like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhe10077 Sat May 18, 2024 7:59 pm

I always feel a 5 man pace attack is over egging the pudding.Would’ve kept Steel in the same Eleven.

Jhe10077

RightArmSlow, David Waghorn and Wokoval like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 18, 2024 8:46 pm

Batting looked easy this afternoon.

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by VauxhallRey Sat May 18, 2024 8:48 pm

I think that Worcs will find it challenging enough when they get their turn. The pitch is still doing enough.
VauxhallRey
VauxhallRey

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sat May 18, 2024 8:55 pm

VauxhallRey wrote:I think that Worcs will find it challenging enough when they get their turn. The pitch is still doing enough.

My point about the pitch not doing the batting and the bowling?

While it might not have looked like it at 11.30 yesterday, Surrey are a much better team than Worcestershire.

VicNorth

SimonH and The Nightwatchman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Winston Churchill Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 am

Blimey Jackers. You do realise (I assume you don't really) that the highest ever fourth innings total in any County Championship game was 502, by Middlesex in 1926. We really ought to declare now but another 75 is the maximum we need. You're being way over cautious.

PS. As we all know in June 2023 we scored 501 in the fourth innings to beat Kent, with Sibbers, Smith and Foakes all scoring centuries.
Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackers Sun May 19, 2024 10:28 am

Oh, I'm unashamedly seeing it from a cricket-lover's perspective. You do all realise that after this game we will have played more than half of our home championship matches? Just three left between now - mid-May - and next April.

If it doesn't affect the result (spoiler alert: it won't), why not give us a couple of bonus hours in the sun watching Surrey make hay?
Jackers
Jackers

SimonH, Sir Winston Churchill, VauxhallRey and The Nightwatchman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex! Sun May 19, 2024 10:52 am

Whoever mentioned stuff about weather being bad may want to remove that source from their bookmarks

Always say 3 sessions should be enough to bowl a side out - bat until a bit after lunch and take it from there. Our bowlers should be pretty fresh considering Worcs were bowled out in 40 odd overs

Alex!

Jackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 19, 2024 10:55 am

Jackers wrote:Oh, I'm unashamedly seeing it from a cricket-lover's perspective. You do all realise that after this game we will have played more than half of our home championship matches? Just three left between now - mid-May - and next April.

If it doesn't affect the result (spoiler alert: it won't), why not give us a couple of bonus hours in the sun watching Surrey make hay?

In club cricket, someone might suggest a 'beer match'. Oh, hold on...

VicNorth

Back to top Go down

Post by dougieginn Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 am

Watching this stand reminds me ,again, what a terrific player ,Clark is!!
Extremely rare for him not to contribute with both bat and ball.

dougieginn

SimonH, Badges and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by VicNorth Sun May 19, 2024 11:10 am

He has been a great signing.

VicNorth

dougieginn, SimonH, Badges and RightArmSlow like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next